Virgin Hunter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Hunter...

Overrated?

Seems so to me and has been dining out on Andre Ward who i believe is naturally gifted enough that he would have been successful with anybody.

I think the way he speaks with a calmness and a sense of confidence that often makes him sound more wise than he is.

I'm not saying he's a bad trainer but i certainly don't think he's one of the best or worth running to like some fighters have. Seems to give little help or advice in the corner also.

Haha obviously i meant Virgil not Virgin.

Comment

This is common knowledge around here.

Comment

Ah well i'm pretty new to the forum as you can see and haven't seen much written about him, so i was just wondering who he was perceived by other boxing fans.

Comment

Not overrated, he's Underrated in my opinion.

He certainly improved Khan a bit.

Comment

The virgin Hunter is a King amongst men.

Comment

Originally posted by Lullaby View Post
              Not overrated, he's Underrated in my opinion.

He certainly improved Khan a bit.

Based on what?

Khan should be able to beat todays Collazo and Carlos Molina with any trainer, or he shouldn't be boxing.

He went life and death with Julio Diaz who really has no business at the weight and hasn't been that good since about 2007. I believe the Khan who fought Paulie and Judah, would have destroyed Diaz.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonardEllerb3 View Post
                Based on what?

Khan should be able to beat todays Collazo and Carlos Molina with any trainer, or he shouldn't be boxing.

He went life and death with Julio Diaz who really has no business at the weight and hasn't been that good since about 2007. I believe the Khan who fought Paulie and Judah, would have destroyed Diaz.
                Less you forget that the same Diaz Khan went "life and death with" gave the current IBF champion a draw. Khan picked up a UD win. So are you saying Khan > Porter?

Comment

I'm not saying that, because i don't believe in triangle theories like you obviously do as you just created one.

I just believe Khan of 2010ish deals with Diaz a lot better than he did in 2013. Therefore i don't feel he has improved under Hunter from the 3 fights i've seen whilst with him. No other boxers come into my the equation. I'm just talking about Amir Khan's progress, or lack of it.

This is no disrespect to Diaz, i think his best days are behind him though. I just think Khan of 2010 was a very good fighter, still vulnerable but more dangerous too.
                  Last edited by LeonardEllerb3; 07-15-2014, 08:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X