Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did The Povetkin Fight Vindicate Haye and Vilify Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Doesn't have to, Wlad-Haye was full of close rounds edged by Wlad's jab. Wlad didn't try for a KO as he was cautious of the power that could come back his way.

Povetkin offered absolutely nothing and won no rounds. Sorry, but constantly walking forward and getting punched in the face and clinched for 12 rounds is not brave, it's pure stupidity from a fighter who had nothing to offer. Wlad wasn't remotely worried about anything Povetkin had, he just fought his usual ultra-boring fight.
    spot on.......

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      So you'd rather be a ****** and risk brain damage by getting repeatedly punched in the head?
      lmao........

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        So you'd rather be a ****** and risk brain damage by getting repeatedly punched in the head?
        What was Haye doing? Was he trying to outbox Wladimir? If he thought he was going to do that, he's far more brain damaged than Povetkin could ever become. I thought boxing was about trying to win. Neither guy ever had a chance against Wlad, but you may as well at least try to land a punch in the process. Staying on the outside with Wlad is as ******ed as it comes. I've come to expect that from the Brits though. Just look at Cleverly trying to go toe-to-toe with Kovalev. Master gameplanners those Brits.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura storm View Post
          What was Haye doing? Was he trying to outbox Wladimir? If he thought he was going to do that, he's far more brain damaged than Povetkin could ever become. I thought boxing was about trying to win. Neither guy ever had a chance against Wlad, but you may as well at least try to land a punch in the process. Staying on the outside with Wlad is as ******ed as it comes.
          A man of Hayes stature cant out box Wlad, same way you cant outbox Floyd

The only chance Haye stood was counter, but Wlad didn't take the bait

Haye has never been a brawler, he's counter puncher, he waits for you to give him something and then returns fire

Wlad was happy playing it safe behind the jab, leaning and clinching

If you think Haye was just going to run into Wlad like a train then you've never seen a Haye fight before

Povs tactics were all wrong, his face told the story, we knew he stood no chance by round 5, he looked a defeated beat up mess.

Haye landed bigger shots on Wlad than Pov did, i.e see round 11

Only thing Pov did in the Wlad fight was shorten his own career

Haye had 50% a good game plan, the other 50% was not good, yes he shud have taken more smart risks, gone for the body, but that's easy to say when ur not in the ring with Wlad
          Last edited by FrankieBruno; 10-10-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura storm View Post
            What was Haye doing? Was he trying to outbox Wladimir? If he thought he was going to do that, he's far more brain damaged than Povetkin could ever become. I thought boxing was about trying to win. Neither guy ever had a chance against Wlad, but you may as well at least try to land a punch in the process. Staying on the outside with Wlad is as ******ed as it comes. I've come to expect that from the Brits though. Just look at Cleverly trying to go toe-to-toe with Kovalev. Master gameplanners those Brits.
            Haye is an outside fighter by nature. It's not his game to fight inside. He was trying to ambush Wlad with a big shot from the outside. I hated Haye's tactics too because he was basically throwing one punch at a time. He needed to follow up.

Povetkin is an inside fighter and he never tried to fight inside. Essentially, he did even less than Haye did to try to win! Unless you count walking forward and eating punches as "trying to win" which it seems most idiots on here do.

Comment

Working...
            X