Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Klitschko's retiring anytime soon would be DREADFUL for heavyweight boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Klitschko's retiring anytime soon would be DREADFUL for heavyweight boxing

You know what will happen.

Suliman will bung Arreola in with Hasting Rasini or someone so he can "win" the vacant WBC title.

Wlads belts would be divided up, and fought over by guys the Klitschko brothers have already wiped the floor with umpteen times.

In short it would be awful, we'd have a load of Heavyweight Champions who have already proven that they couldn't even COMPETE against the brothers.

I hope that Wlad and Vitali do stick around for at least a few more years, byt that point maybe the dross will have all given it up and guys like Price, Boystov and Mitchell will have lived up to expectation and be worthy heirs to the heavyweight crown.

Who do you think, if anyone will replace the Klitschkos at the top of the mountain?
    Seth Mitchell
    13.51%
    David Price
    37.84%
    Dennis Boytsov
    5.41%
    Deontay Wilder
    8.11%
    Tyson Fury
    5.41%
    Kubrat Pulev
    0.00%
    Francesco Pianeta
    0.00%
    Edmund Gerber
    0.00%
    Other (please state)
    5.41%
    Nobody active is fit to be the ruler of the heavyweight division
    24.32%

Just wait till the K brothers retire so that Deontay Wilder finally says he's now ready to challenge for a world title belt.

Comment

Yeah if they retired without at least one of these guys giving them a run for their money it would hurt the lineage aspect of the HW title. I know Vitali didn't beat Lewis but damn at least we know he could get down with him.

How pathetic would the rest of the lot look if nobody is able to touch these guys even as they advance into their mid-late 30s, early 40s

Comment

i think it will be much more exciting not that i dislike the klitschkos its just they've dominated for so long we all want to see a change and once they retire were more likely to see less one sided beat downs and a new champion every 3 months

Comment

Excitement at the price of quality is not a good thing imo.

There are other exciting fights out there, but at the pinnacle I just want to see the best.

At the end of the day the Klitschko's break down and KO pretty much everyone they face, so they are not using negative tactics to win like some "boring" fighters do

Comment

That being said, I will be pissed at the Klits if they retire juust early enough to avoid some of the guys we really want to see in there.

I think Vitali-Haye is a crucial fight that has to be made . I dont trust Haye to stick around for long, but I think he could possibly win that fight or at least put on an exciting showing which would then lend more credibility to the last 1-2 fights he has after that.

Not saying Haye is some kind of heir apparent but he is the only likely one to lure Vitali out of retirement after Charr and that is the soonest we could have some type of lineage change hands. Once Wlad is on his way out someone else will emerge and then everyone will start to mix it up. There are some good action fights out there once at least one of them is gone
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 08-24-2012, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
              That being said, I will be pissed at the Klits if they retire juust early enough to avoid some of the guys we really want to see in there.

I think Vitali-Haye is a crucial fight that has to be made . I dont trust Haye to stick around for long, but I think he could possibly win that fight or at least put on an exciting showing which would then lend more credibility to the last 1-2 fights he has after that.

Not saying Haye is some kind of heir apparent but he is the only likely one to lure Vitali out of retirement after Charr and that is the soonest we could have some type of lineage change hands. Once Wlad is on his way out someone else will emerge and then everyone will start to mix it up. There are some good action fights out there once at least one of them is gone
              Vitali is 41. He will be 42 by the time he should fight Haye. I can hardly see that as "retirement early enough to avoid someone". It is up to him. But he doesn't have to prove anything.

If Haye is good enough he should beat some of the other guys (Arreola or Povetkin) and he would have a second chance against Wlad who is the real champion.

Comment

I think Odlanier Solis beats anyone in your poll, so I chose other.

I know the guy has weight problems, but he deserves more respect. How you could not include him is beyond me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nodogoshi View Post
                  I think Odlanier Solis beats anyone in your poll, so I chose other.

I know the guy has weight problems, but he deserves more respect. How you could not include him is beyond me.
                  Solis had his chance and got Ko'd in 2 minutes by Vitali

he is 32 years old, inactive and badly out of shape

he is not the future of anything.

All such fighters have been excluded, Arreola, Solis, Adamek, Chambers etc

Comment

I voted Price with Wilder as my 2nd choice. Both these guys have shot at being very good. Vitali is very old and should retire after a fine career. The heavyweights will be ok without them.

Comment

Working...
                    X