No announcement yet.

Does Pacquiao losses matter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Sharapova View Post
    I don’t know why Mayweather keep on insisting that Pacquiao has been knockout before. Those knockouts were a long time ago. He was a young and unpolished fighter who started fighting early because his family needed the money unlike MAYWEATHER who has been trained by his father in an early age.
    If given the opportunity to be trained by a trainer in an early age, I think he would be greater than Mayweather. Those loses he suffered wouldn’t happen. Philippines doesn’t have a great boxing program unlike in U.S.A.

LET ME SAY THAT MAYWEATHER IS VERY FORTUNATE!
    Pacquiao is bigger and a much more highly skilled fighter. when he was young he was bit of a brawler. thankfully he still has that power but finesse as well

Comment

I don’t know why Mayweather keep on insisting that Pacquiao has been knockout before. Those knockouts were a long time ago. He was a young and unpolished fighter who started fighting early because his family needed the money unlike MAYWEATHER who has been trained by his father in an early age.
      If given the opportunity to be trained by a trainer in an early age, I think he would be greater than Mayweather. Those loses he suffered wouldn’t happen. Philippines doesn’t have a great boxing program unlike in U.S.A.

yes it matters. a loss is a loss and hes got 3 of em!

Comment

mayweather hasnt lost.... so he can hold everybody else's losses against them is all.

Comment

you have to look at the circumstances, manny was a young scrappy brawler fighting as a flyweight when he sustained these kncokout losses, but luckily he was young enough to bounce back with no real damage to his punch resistance and now hes filled out into a 30 year old man weighing 140 with a more polished style and some real skill to complement his speed + power

also i believe one of those knockout losses was when manny failed to make weight, he had a tough time getting down to 112 (he is like 5''6 1/2) and that probably affected his legs, chin, stamina etc
          the losses mean virtually nothing, just a little blemish on his record is all

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
            you have to look at the circumstances, manny was a young scrappy brawler fighting as a flyweight when he sustained these kncokout losses, but luckily he was young enough to bounce back with no real damage to his punch resistance and now hes filled out into a 30 year old man weighing 140 with a more polished style and some real skill to complement his speed + power

also i believe one of those knockout losses was when manny failed to make weight, he had a tough time getting down to 112 (he is like 5''6 1/2) and that probably affected his legs, chin, stamina etc
            the losses mean virtually nothing, just a little blemish on his record is all
            i dont agree with that! 3 defeats is just a blemish?! really it should be 4 defeats, because theres no way in my opinion he beat marquez in 08.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
              i dont agree with that! 3 defeats is just a blemish?! really it should be 4 defeats, because theres no way in my opinion he beat marquez in 08.
              im talking about the first two losses, not the loss to morales

too much emphasis is placed on how many losses a fighter has. you have to look at the circumstances surrounding the loss before you cast a judgement

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
                im talking about the first two losses, not the loss to morales

too much emphasis is placed on how many losses a fighter has. you have to look at the circumstances surrounding the loss before you cast a judgement
                i agree with what your saying to an extent. but if you have been beaten 3 times then you still have to remember that even if hes doing well now. many of the great champions have 5 or 6 losses. you can never justify 2 or 3 losses as just a blemish. espescially when there are undefeated fighters out there.

Comment

The only one that should really matter in the slightest is the Morales fight, but Pac has evolved hugely from that fight. He isn't the same fighter, the KO losses when he wasn't an adult and weight drained.

Comment

Working...
                  X