Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn: "I think Carl Froch Will Fight Gennady Golovkin next year"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well If Froch does beat GGG or has a close fight with him there would be many arguments to suggest he could be better than Joe Calzaghe, this would be a legacy type of fight to pick but Froch always brings money to the table and now with GGG slowly starting to show he can put on a PPV it could sell, it certainly would have huge numbers in the UK its just too bad the Eastern Europeans countries wont be added into this PPV tally If they were I'm sure they'd show good support for him.

Comment

Props to froch if he comes out of retirement to fight ggg,,, but froch is getting knocked out..

Froch left at the perfect time,, guys like george groves were outboxing him and hurting him.. I think Golovkin would flatten a returning froch..

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
        No it would be stupid and if he won it would only mean Golovkin is absolute trash.
        I don't understand that logic. Seems you don't want to see a great fight for some reason.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        I was joking -- I think Froch might sell Wembley in case DeGale or Murray would win against Bute or Abraham in a spectacular manner...
        I don't even think DeGale sells Wembley. Murray would struggle to sell the 02 arena.

Comment

So the 97k man will go to 168lbs to fight Froch, and to fight Chavez jr....but not ummmm who is it he would be considered ducking....hmmmm....Who is he avoiding but he'd go to 168lbs to fight anyone but....ummmm, he's scared to death of WARD. The so-called "boogyman" is scared of the dark....

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            Golovkin's name holds no weight in the UK. If Froch makes a comeback, it sells itself.

But even Froch couldn't sell out Wembley against Martin Murray...lol don't be fukin silly.
            Yeah. I think everyone is getting too caught up in this whole Wembley thing, like a big fight has to be in Wembley. I don't think they realise how difficult it is to get 80,000 people to put their hands in their pockets and pay to go watch it, and all the additional costs that come with it.

Froch v Groves II was just one of them rare exceptions that capture the publics imagination and they managed to do it. Brook v Khan might be able to, but i don't see any other fights between British fighters selling out Wembley, or any other stadium for that matter except maybe Froch at the city ground as a comeback.

Golovkin isn't a big name in the UK but i think the Sky Sports/Hearn hype machine could make it into the big fight if they market Golovkin as the killer he's supposed to be, "the most feared fighter since Tyson" etc. etc. you know the dance. It could be a big fight with the right marketing approach, but i think Wembley is a big stretch. I could see it being at the City Ground in Nottingham though if GGG and his team would go there.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
              Yeah. I think everyone is getting too caught up in this whole Wembley thing, like a big fight has to be in Wembley. I don't think they realise how difficult it is to get 80,000 people to put their hands in their pockets and pay to go watch it, and all the additional costs that come with it.

Froch v Groves II was just one of them rare exceptions that capture the publics imagination and they managed to do it. Brook v Khan might be able to, but i don't see any other fights between British fighters selling out Wembley, or any other stadium for that matter except maybe Froch at the city ground as a comeback.

Golovkin isn't a big name in the UK but i think the Sky Sports/Hearn hype machine could make it into the big fight if they market Golovkin as the killer he's supposed to be, "the most feared fighter since Tyson" etc. etc. you know the dance. It could be a big fight with the right marketing approach, but i think Wembley is a big stretch. I could see it being at the City Ground in Nottingham though if GGG and his team would go there.
              Yeah I think even Team Golovkin got too excited over the 80k tickets, thinking he could do that against anyone.

I think Froch would sell out against most people at the City Ground. I always saw the GGG fight as being one for America but his name wasn't big enough yet. By late next year, it probably will be.

Comment

I don't understand that logic. Seems you don't want to see a great fight for some reason.

I don't even think DeGale sells Wembley. Murray would struggle to sell the 02 arena.
                OK. If they can't sell Wembley, then why should Froch come back?

Comment

Yeah I think even Team Golovkin got too excited over the 80k tickets, thinking he could do that against anyone.

I think Froch would sell out against most people at the City Ground. I always saw the GGG fight as being one for America but his name wasn't big enough yet. By late next year, it probably will be.
                  Do you reckon Froch is a big enough draw in America to get the kind of money he will want to come out of retirement?

It would take a huge amount of promotion and marketing in either country to generate the amount he would want i think. I think it could do well in America though but it would need another year for Golovkin to keep building his name. Froch still has a big name but i'm not sure a lot of people would pay to watch him on PPV in America right now. But if the angle in a years time when GGG builds his name more is that Froch is coming out of retirement because he's the only fighter that can live with GGG or something, then i reckon it'll work.

Either way, it's Golovkin who needs promoting in either country to make it appealing enough to get Froch the money he wants. He's already got his role in the fight to sell it, which coming out of retirement for it.

Comment

Sounds more like hype

Brook is the biggest WW in the division and won't be there by end of 2016

Comment

Froch is past it and will be way older at that point on top of being inactive, that's a gimme fight for Golovkin, he will just get hurt.

Comment

Working...
                      X