Key & Peele

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
    corny as ****.
    Yeah i've only seen one or two skits i found funny. The rest is corny as heck

Comment

It's actually a funny show. The production on it is top notch as well.

Comment

Blame it on the age we live in but these guys put out some great sketches but mostly just a ton of annoying ones too. Maybe it's a business model they have to follow but they put way to much out there that isn't that funny. It's over-saturating. Just the way things like Youtube changed the world.

Anyways there show is great but not anywhere close to the chapelle show because Chapelle was very much an innovator for TV show's that revolve around just the comic. And Chapelle was what everyone would refer to as a thinking mans comedian. His sketches were just better in many ways, a lot of times with there simplicity. Key and Peele just try wayyyyyy to hard to get a laugh in every sketch. There style of comedy is purely reactionary comedy and cater to the lowest common denominator. It's because of this new "Improv"comedy movement and now everyone thinks these bafoons over acting in front of the camera are geniuses.

Okay glad I got that out of my system. Key and Peele are very funny and they do have some great sketches that I will always remember. But I think it is best that they stayed in their groove and now try to distance themselves from being compared to the Chapelle show. Like another poster said on here it's border line silly/annoying comedy. I like the show in very small doses until one of them carries on with an overrated "meta" joke, feverishly screaming into the camera for ten minutes yelling adlibbed blather until commercial. Don't get me wrong I like Meta comedy, guys like eric andre challenge themselves to appear anything but sane. Key and Peele however are simply two very talented sketch comics who got a good break.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post
            okay that one I remember was hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              corny as ****.
              How about this? It's the best of them all.

Comment

Can't please everyone. These guys are hilarious.

Comment

Some stuff is good, I think it's funny

Comment

The substitute and these 2 skits, I can watch over and over.

Comment

Working...
                    X