Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ray Leonard says to overcome Mayweather shoulder roll, hit the shoulder..you agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
    Lewis will beat the shyt out of Floyd.

You guys are all key board warriors .. He knows best.
    He's an ATG.

When Lennox Lewis fought ANDREW GOLOTA
    The very first thing they told Lewis was

DON'T BANG WITH GOLOTA. DON'T BANG WITH GOLOTA

Outbox Golota.. Be cautious. You bang with Golota. you die.
    Wait till Golota breaks down in the later rounds...

What did Lewis do? He fuking banged with Golota and raped him.

Everyone at the time.. thought going straight for the kill against Golota was moronic.. Lewis laid the blue print.

Obviously I'm not saying Midget Floyd is anywhere near as dangerous as Golota.. but the theory is the same.

Lewis is 6'5 245.. Floyd is 5'8.. 145.. One jab and he's gone dude.
    lol smh ??????????????????? why, when, where????????????

Comment

Do people realize Floyd is like 5'6?

I mean I think because he fights other shorties you guys seriously forgot how small he is.

He is not 5'8... lmao
      50 Cent is 5'11.

Floyd looks at least 4 inches shorter than 50 Cent and that's being generous. Floyd wears pump up Nikes just like Pacquaio.

Both Pac and Floyd comes up to Tommy Hearn's chest.. If that

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        lol smh ??????????????????? why, when, where????????????
        Ya that was my bad. I thought the title said

Lennox Lewis says 'hit Floyd on the shoulders'

Obviously Lennox would just break FLoyd's entire body apart with the first jab he land.

Lewis is a top 5 HW ATG and top 3 H2H.
        He is 6'5-6'6 and 245 pounds of fighting muscles.. He got a right hand which will put a elephant to sleep.. Much less Floyd.

If we going by 'h2h'

Lennox Lewis is the 2nd/3rd greatest h2h fighter in the history of boxing.
        ANY DIVISION
        ANY DIVISION.

You seriously think Prime Ray Robinson can beat Prime Lewis?
        No.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
          a guy like canelo might have success doing this becuase he is big and strong, specially if mayweather just stays in the ropes like against cotto
          im pretty sure floyd would be in the middle of the ring against canelo the ropes would be dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            so roberto duran, who has a 66 in reach to SRL's 74 in reach could hit him enough to score but floyd, whose reach is 72, and is faster than DUran, couldn't?

Would you like to rethink your position?
            SRL fought Duran's fight in the first and paid for it. Look what happened when they rematched .... I can see Floyd saying "no mas .... no more master. You beat me"!

I'm NOT saying that Floyd can't hit SRL.

We are talking about Floyd in his shoulder roll stance and SRL pot shotting his shoulder from a distance. In that position, it would be hard for Floyd to hit SRL effectively and if he tried then SRL would have a better crack at (countering) Floyd.

Comment

My personal opinion is that the shoulder roll isn't the problem, it's who is using it. We saw Berto try and use it and it didn't work so well. On the other hand, Mayweather and Broner have a mastery of it.

I believe Cotto and Castillo showed how to overcome this problem. Castillo showed how intelligent pressure can over come that and Cotto used his jab as a right handed fighter to cause problems in that stance.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
                Ya that was my bad. I thought the title said

Lennox Lewis says 'hit Floyd on the shoulders'

Obviously Lennox would just break FLoyd's entire body apart with the first jab he land.

Lewis is a top 5 HW ATG and top 3 H2H.
                He is 6'5-6'6 and 245 pounds of fighting muscles.. He got a right hand which will put a elephant to sleep.. Much less Floyd.

If we going by 'h2h'

Lennox Lewis is the 2nd/3rd greatest h2h fighter in the history of boxing.
                ANY DIVISION
                ANY DIVISION.

You seriously think Prime Ray Robinson can beat Prime Lewis?
                No.
                there is a serious size difference here i dont get why you are asking this but lennox was one of the greatest to do it!!!!!

Comment

Well getting cracked in your shoulders/biceps/forearms can hurt and really sap your energy so I kind of agree with SRL, but I wouldnt revolve an entire game plan around doing that though.

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
                    there is a serious size difference here i dont get why you are asking this but lennox was one of the greatest to do it!!!!!
                    That's my point.

Floyd is too small to compete with Ray Leonard.

Ray Leonard in his prime was 2 inches taller than he is now.
                    He shrank 2 inches for some reason.

He is actually like 6 feet during his fighting days.

Comment

If overcoming FMJ's shoulder roll was that easy shouldnt somebody have been able to do it at this point?

Anyway Sugar Ray Leonard the GOAT........even if he was/still is in the closet

Comment

Working...
                      X