Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is why boxing will survive the test of time!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is why boxing will survive the test of time!

See this is passion, this is lifestyle and different stories of people from different struggle

Now moving on from boxing...

This is why its so embarressing to watch, dont get me wrong thugs come from different background but the people that run the industry arent helping with the fact that putting this in the for front as to what represent there choice of combat sport

I miss the Contender.... would love for them to bring it back or something like it.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      I miss the Contender.... would love for them to bring it back or something like it.
      I feel the same, I would also like to say, I am a huge fan of martial arts and I practice various chinese martial arts such as chin-na,shua jaio and san shou/full contact kungfu on top of my boxing.

I miss pride where they focused the promotion on fighters martial arts background and there personal upbrining and what there martial art means to them as oppose to thugs learning half ass kickboxing and grappling!

Comment

Also, this show got me into boxing. that's why to this day Alfonso Gomez is still one of my favorite boxers

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
          Also, this show got me into boxing. that's why to this day Alfonso Gomez is still one of my favorite boxers
          Personaly I enjoyed all the boxers on the show but most importantly what made the show enjoyable is that the show instilled the fact that boxers arent just thugs and that the training requires hard AND having gracefulness and the fact is boxers are respectful human beings.

Basicly the people that promoted contenders are trying to potray boxers as people that diginity in what there doing and should be respected. The american mma wants to promote wwe-esque type people!

Comment

that is not the reason boxing will always survive this $$$$$$$$$ is the reason it started and will always exist.

Great Clips from the contender. I loved Alfonso Gomez and Manfredo is awesome too.

Comment

Yeah but having an olympic foothold as well as the fact that the boxing shows are promoted as a mature event obviously plays factors in which to take seriously.

One of them is promoted like a proper combat sports with a rich history and the athletes are portrayed as men of technical prowesses and hard work that people who have proper jobs can relate to the boxers they buy tickets to cheer.

the other is promoted as a poor mans wwe, or better yet, a modern day back yard wrestling who targers brainless teenagers who have no jobs, an understanding of the technical prowesses that goes in to it and are looking to relate to something "anyone can do"

Btw: I am a big fan of the martial arts that are popluarly used in the mma and I have trained in the basics of judo by learning break falls, 2 shoulder throws and one hip throw.

So Im not dissing the arts in the mma but rather the wrong portrayel of what it takes to be an ultimate fighter!
              Last edited by Box"K"ing; 09-12-2012, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X