No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko says he'll be rooting for David Haye

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fix View Post
    You guys sure know how to twist the truth, it must be so humiliating to know that Vitali ducked Haye. I explained reality in the thread that got deleted because you probably whined to the mods, being unable to face the truth.

Here's an article from September 2011 from Sky News entitled "Haye calls out Vitali" > http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/new...lls-out-Vitali

And we all remember, in Feb 2012, Haye was at the Chisora vs Vitali press conference challenging Vitali face-to-face! Yep, face-to-face call out. You can't get more direct than that. He revealed that he already had signed the contract but Vitali failed to sign his side of the agreement!
    Seriously? Vitali-Haye discussions were ended by the WBC right after Vitali-Chisora. Do you read the headlines?

http://www.boxinginsider.com/headlin...ht-david-haye/

Originally posted by boxing-insider View Post
    Now, in opposition to both fighter’s wishes, Sulaiman has thrown rhetorical cold water over the whole idea.

“The WBC will not accept David Haye,” writes Sulaiman.

“He is not rated by the WBC. And, The British Board of Boxing Control, can’t issue anything against someone who’s not affiliated to them any more. If he was licensed, he’d for sure have his license taken away from him. It would be setting a bad example for boxing if we accepted David Haye.

“This is a long feud, but I believe Vitali must think of the world, and not just limit himself to the area where he’s been fighting recently. I think he should now look for something more important and worldwide.”

Exactly who Sulaiman has in mind is the real question here.

There are few if any other fighters in the heavyweight division who can sell a fight like the “retired” British motormouth, so for pre-fight publicity and resulting fan interest alone, Haye versus Vitali is a sure-fire world-wide winner–especially after the recent highly publicized post-fight brawl in Germany featuring Haye belting his UK counterpart Dereck “Del Boy” Chisora in the face.

But Sulaiman isn’t having it.

“I would not like to mention David Haye again, because for me today, he’s not a good example for boxing,” he says. “Let’s talk about someone else that could be a reality. This is a joke!”

Some might say that the WBC president’s sudden worries about the image of the boxing are also a joke, but that is another story for another day.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      he had no belt & no bargaining chip when vitali offered him the fight & he would have not made more money fighting vitali. he got a 7 digit payday, a world title that the klitschko's wanted & he was in the driver seat. he had something they wanted. also you should know since you are defending vitali that the klitschko camp wouldn't sign right away because they admitted that haye brought more money to the table with british PPV then they could bring from german tv. they felt they should get half of haye's PPV money which was a joke & haye said screw you. you want the WBA belt then we split the purse 50\50 & you take your german tv money & i'll take my british PPV money. it was wladimir who was the problem not haye. so taking the easier route which you say ended up making haye PPV money vs ruiz & harrison then wladimir. correct me if i'm wrong but isn't boxing a business? he doesn't take the valuev fight & loses to vitali then he doesn't get the 3 PPV fight money & only a 6 digit payday from K2...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what the smart business move was. don king has an amazing ability to disrupt things & he made david haye a boat load of money. if he doesn't sign with king then he could lose to vitali & never see a 7 digit payday in his life & never would have had 3 PPV fights televised in britain....boxing is a business & doing businss with don king was a much better option then with K2....OF COURSE HE WOULD TAKE THE EASIER ROUTE! ONLY A ****ING MORON WOULDN'T HAVE!
      I can't believe we're rewarding Haye for wussing out of a fight with Vitali Klitschko & backing out against Wlad as well. Ofcourse he made the eventual smart business decision move... this doesn't mean he gets a free ride for it as it was him who was severing heads & calling out the bros before he even qualified for them....

This dude was using the Klitschko name brand as if it were his own & expected to make more money than them.. let alone 50/50.... who gives a shet if he had a better English Tv Rights than what The BRO'S HAD... hE was using the Klitschko name so the bro's deserved half of that money from that source as otherwise he wouldn't have made anywhere close against someone else....

They were willing to go 50/50 DOWN THE line & SPLIT EVERYTHING down the middle to get THE wLAD FIGHT going & that was NOT acceptable TO dAVID when he didn't even deserve such a split.... Sure he was hyping the bout(s) but he was jack without the brother's & nobody knew him BEFORE he used the brother's for a t-shirt gimmick. He was in no way equal to them in achievement or status in the heavyweight division but got half of the pot & came in with a broken toe.. he should be thankful for that & his mouth for getting him paid as both bros wanted to kill him.
      Last edited by jimmy1569; 07-11-2012, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X