No announcement yet.

Cleveland Williams' counter punches?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Williams' counter punches?

EDIT: I've found what I needed, now compare these two punches.

3:00

0:06
    Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-04-2010, 09:02 AM.

Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
    I would like to see Williams landing a counter punch during the course of those two fights. Can you find a place in those fights where Williams lands one? I would appreciate that.

I don't have the youtube links but if you have them, direct me to a few instants in the video where Williams catches Liston with well timed counters.

If you can, recall for me other fights in which Liston is caught by well timed counters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post

liston had an underrated speed, he was a lot faster than foreman.

Comment

Originally posted by T3dBundy View Post
        liston had an underrated speed, he was a lot faster than foreman.
        I think Williams was the fastest of the hard hitters. Maybe that's the reason they called him "big cat".
        Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-03-2010, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I think Williams was the fastest of the hard hitters. Maybe that's the reason they called him "big cat".
          He also had a murderous left hook.Harder than Joe Frazier's,and one of the best in Heavyweight history.But it hardly made Liston blink.There is no way Ali could knock down Liston with just one punch.Sonny took a dive my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
            He also had a murderous left hook.Harder than Joe Frazier's,and one of the best in Heavyweight history.But it hardly made Liston blink.There is no way Ali could knock down Liston with just one punch.Sonny took a dive my friend.
            Yes, that's the reason I made this thread; to see if liston could take well timed counters to the chin. We have seen that he can do that, so it's quite strange that a counter punch from ALi could KO him.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-03-2010, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Yes, that's the reason I made this thread; to see if liston could take well timed counters to the chin. We have seen that he can do that, so it's quite strange that a counter punch from ALi could KO him.
              The whole 2nd Ali-Liston fight was strange.Death threats,fought in front of only 2,000 people! Liston going down from a punch that couldn't smash a grape.Williams hit him with good hard counter punches,20 times harder than the punch Liston went down from against Ali.

Liston threw the fight.But why? Read what Muhammad Ali had to say about it in his book.It's as good a reason as I have heard.But Ali is just guessing of course.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing boy View Post
                The whole 2nd Ali-Liston fight was strange.Death threats,fought in front of only 2,000 people! Liston going down from a punch that couldn't smash a grape.Williams hit him with good hard counter punches,20 times harder than the punch Liston went down from against Ali.

Liston threw the fight.But why? Read what Muhammad Ali had to say about it in his book.It's as good a reason as I have heard.But Ali is just guessing of course.
                wait....wait..........are you serious?

show me the source....

Comment

That 2nd round was really good.

Comment

wait....wait..........are you serious?

show me the source....
                    Nobody would hold the fight because of all the death threats,and Ali now a muslim and Sonny backed by the mob.Nobody wanted part of holding this fight.It was scheduled at some other places first,but got cancelled.They were having trouble finding a place to hold the fight.

So they settled on a High School gymnasiam(sp) in Maine i believe.I have heard this from MANY sources over the years.Trust me it's true.I hope somebody can find a source for you.

Comment

Working...
                    X