Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What healthy food do you eat to satisfying cravings for junk food?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to mix half a handful of raisins with a half a handful of sunflower seeds.

Comment

I have a sweet tooth, if there were no ill effects from it, I would eat pie and icecream and candy all the time but I cant because I dont want to be a slob. I like to keep some plain chocolate like a large hersheys bar in the fridge and take a small piece when I have a craving so I dont end up buying some cookies at the store or whatever.

Also I like fatty meats, pizza that **** too but I try not to eat it. So if I am getting a craving for hamburgers or pizza I can order chicken. Sometimes I buy fried chicken and while its alot of fat atleast its more protein and less carbs than pizza. But the smartest thing to get is a roasted chicken and that way its lean, lots of protein but its still sort of a treat cause you didnt have to cook it and it takes the place of other take out food like pizza/chinese/hamburgers/fried chicken.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas. I nearly bought pizza tonight but instead cooked spaghetti with onions, champignones, diced chicken, egg, low fat cheese, skim milk added to make it kinda creamy little salt and pepper. Saved $15 too on buying a pizza.
        Icecream with fruit for dessert.
        (The average wage here is about $1 an hour, a large pizza hut pizza costs about $12 +. So work 12 hours = 1 pizza hut pizza. In Australia work 30 minutes = 1 pizza hut pizza. WTF?)

Comment

Thats my usual cheat meal if i do have one, its gotta be pizza. Here's a substitute for it if you are really craving it, and if anything it is actually healthy for you, so says the box, and even looking at the ingredients it still looks healthy since it is all organic. Look for a pizza by "AC LaRocca", you can get it in the healthy isle in grocery stores, Krogers usually holds them. Won't find it at Wal-Mart or anything like that. Looks like this... http://www.aclarocco.com/products.htm

Comment

Working...
          X