No announcement yet.

Who's resume is best? Khan vs Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    ughh.. im so sick of ppl crying over matthysse being robbed, he wasnt! they were both close fights that could have gon either way. in this case it went for alexander and thats 100% fair. he did lose to kotelnik though, also a close fight but kotelnik unlike matthysse did win enough rounds clearly to set himself apart as the better fighter.

im going with alexander whos fought ppl of all styles and taken fewer Ls than khan. one thing i look at is how would they have done against each others competition. clearly khan did better with kotelnik but i think it ends there for him. if he on the other hand fought the likes of bailey, matthysse or even witter and urango i think he would be knocked out every time.

they protected him from punchers his whole career, the only puncher he beat was the most crude one of all in maidana who he still looked terrible against. of course alexander outboxed maidana with relative ease.
    Kotelnik was robbed against Alexander, that's for sure. Khan was robbed against Peterson - that makes the L's 2-2.

I would say Khan has fought a lot more different styles than Alexander has. And if you look at the similar competition, Khan clearly schooled Kotelnik, won every round of their fight, and that was before Kotelnik went on to outpoint Alexander, in my book anyways.

Khan also fought a prime Maidana, which Alexander just didn't. Maidana was the most ducked guy at 140 in 2010, was practically unbeaten as I think he should have won vs Kotelnik and Khan picked him as a voluntary-

Junior Witter was never that good, Urango had already been beaten as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      Kotelnik was robbed against Alexander, that's for sure. Khan was robbed against Peterson - that makes the L's 2-2.

I would say Khan has fought a lot more different styles than Alexander has. And if you look at the similar competition, Khan clearly schooled Kotelnik, won every round of their fight, and that was before Kotelnik went on to outpoint Alexander, in my book anyways.

Khan also fought a prime Maidana, which Alexander just didn't. Maidana was the most ducked guy at 140 in 2010, was practically unbeaten as I think he should have won vs Kotelnik and Khan picked him as a voluntary-

Junior Witter was never that good, Urango had already been beaten as well.
      Who ducked Maidana at 140 then? Hell, Maidana ducked Bradley that year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
        You don't think his schooling of Maidana should be his claim to fame??
        I meant more in the terms of the fight that made Alexander a player on the scene. He was already an established commodity when he beat Maidana, and I don't think a 10 round clinch fest could serve as a "schooling". Plus, Maidana had come off 2 wins against an old Morales and a journeyman.

Khan's win over Maidana was clearly better imo. in terms of where Maidana was in his career that is,

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Who ducked Maidana at 140 then? Hell, Maidana ducked Bradley that year.
          I seem to remember nate campbell didn't want to fight him. Neither did Valero though he moved up to LWW. before his death of course, but I guess that has something to do with it.

And people also said Khan was ducking him.

I don't think anybody was ducking Bradley, he just didn't have any drawing power or financial gains to go with him at the time.
          Last edited by LacedUp; 08-21-2013, 05:24 AM.

Comment

I seem to remember nate campbell didn't want to fight him. Neither did Valero though he moved up to LWW. before his death of course, but I guess that has something to do with it.

And people also said Khan was ducking him.

I don't think anybody was ducking Bradley, he just didn't have any drawing power or financial gains to go with him.
            Dude,Maidana fake a back injury not to fight Bradley..They had a contract signed to fight,and Maidana pulled out claiming he had a back injury..LMAO and fought like a month later lol..

Comment

I meant more in the terms of the fight that made Alexander a player on the scene. He was already an established commodity when he beat Maidana, and I don't think a 10 round clinch fest could serve as a "schooling". Plus, Maidana had come off 2 wins against an old Morales and a journeyman.

Khan's win over Maidana was clearly better imo. in terms of where Maidana was in his career that is,
              Before Maidana fought Khan he struggled with Chop Chop,in a fight many felt he lost..He was in pretty the same situation going into the Alexander fight..Oh and btw,Alexander schooled Maidana and treated him like his son..Sorry was more impressed by Alexander's handling of Maidana..Khan had a lot of rough spots..

Comment

Dude,Maidana fake a back injury not to fight Bradley..They had a contract signed to fight,and Maidana pulled out claiming he had a back injury..LMAO and fought like a month later lol..
                It wasn't the back injury I read too much into. more the pricing himself out second time around.

But guys were getting peanuts fighting against Bradley. A khan fight was much more lucrative for Maidana.

Comment

Before Maidana fought Khan he struggled with Chop Chop,in a fight many felt he lost..He was in pretty the same situation going into the Alexander fight..Oh and btw,Alexander schooled Maidana and treated him like his son..Sorry was more impressed by Alexander's handling of Maidana..Khan had a lot of rough spots..
                  And I might be wrong, but wasn't this actually after Khan had beaten Maidana?

Comment

Sure, it was a close fight, but he had also come off good wins against Cayo, Ortiz and arguably Kotelnik.

Khan dropped Maidana in the first round and gave him a boxing lesson up until round 8, where it started to get rough. He also cut him very early.

Though Alexander clearly won, he clinched his way to victory. At least Khan had the balls to trade with him.

Comment

Marcos René Maidana

@BoxingFutures @timothy_bradley Bradley is wrong, I think somebody lied to him. I'm willing to face him but TR offered sooooo little money

https://twitter.com/ChinoMaidana/sta...22731626430464

Comment

Working...
                      X