Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cotto Says Being a "Free Agent" Was The Only Way

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These guys can say whatever they want but they needed top rnk or someone when they were nobody. They leave after they become famous but Top Rank was a big part in making them famous. They needed the promotion at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      Why is Pac still with Arum? Oscar, Floyd, now Cotto. Three big names who made their biggest payday AFTER leaving Top Rank. Floyd had to leave TR to fight Oscar, Cotto had to leave TR to fight Floyd. I don't know why Pac hasn't yet connected the dots, I guess he's just not very smart business wise.
      Different advisors, maybe just maybe Pac's advisor is under Arum's pocket

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
        These guys can say whatever they want but they needed top rnk or someone when they were nobody. They leave after they become famous but Top Rank was a big part in making them famous. They needed the promotion at some point.
        It's a good start... but you have to realize when you're already a household name it's time to get out... or your stuck in limbo fighting crap fights that bob sets up in house...

Comment

He acknowledged that they helped him become what he is. But he doesn't need them anymore. Good for him.

Comment

I don't know who to believe? A stand up guy or a guy that's been caught lying multiple times.

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
              He acknowledged that they helped him become what he is. But he doesn't need them anymore. Good for him.
              No I know but Im speaking more in general as far as the fans and stuff who say they suck and this and that. They do to a point but they also helped make these guys what they are today. None of them had money to build their own careers

Comment

Clearly, you didn't even read the article initially.

Comment

I think the Bizarre thing about Top Rank is we can't deny that Top Rank for years has ushered some of the best fighters we will be talking about for years to come and have brought up fighters such as Cotto carefully, but didn't hide him from challenges. It seems like in the case of Arum he tends to be either very greedy or very stubborn when it comes to business / making fights. Being in Pacquiao's shoes seeing as Oscar, Mayweather, and now Cotto have made more money not being signed to Top Rank and being at the level Pacquiao is currently in, I can't understand how he'd resign with Top Rank until the end of 2014 which really means the end of his career. It sorta leads me to believe Pacquiao is either getting bored of Boxing and doesn't want the burden of being his own promoter and wants to finish his career with Top Rank or he has too many people in his ear (Konz specifically) telling him a bunch of bull****, or it could be both.
                  Last edited by RL_GMA; 10-22-2012, 02:42 PM.

Comment

No I know but Im speaking more in general as far as the fans and stuff who say they suck and this and that. They do to a point but they also helped make these guys what they are today. None of them had money to build their own careers
                    Read the article homie. Cotto big ups Top Rank for everything they've done for him and he mentioned it in prior interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Tell them how it is Cotto!! Can't wait for this Trout fight.
                      +1

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                      Cotto is a smart man,he is at the point in his career where he does not need a promoter
                      +1

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                      Thew way most big names do business. He can fight whoever he wants
                      +1

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                      Cotto, Cotto, Cotto.. so it's cool trying to bring Margarito down to 150lb for weight advantage but when Pacquiao makes the demand, you call it weight draining
                      You do bring up a good point.

Originally posted by theocdog View Post
                      I don't know who to believe? A stand up guy or a guy that's been caught lying multiple times.
                      Great post.

Comment

Working...
                      X