Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who fought the best version of 147 Marquez.. Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who fought the best version of 147 Marquez.. Pacquiao or Mayweather?

Even though Marquez was older when he fought Pacquiao in the 4th fight he was properly conditioned for the weight, whereas against Mayweather it appeared as if most of his additional body weight to reach 147 was fat. Marquez had fought Diaz at 135 the fight before he faced Mayweather at 147, in 2009 so he had to go up two divisions and he didn't appear to do it in a very effective way.

Against Pacquiao in the 4th fight, he was in the best condition he's ever been in, having hired a dedicated strength and conditioning coach, but he was three years older.

So who actually fought the best version of 147 Marquez.. Pacquiao or Mayweather?
    Manny Pacquiao
    83.17%
    Floyd Mayweather
    8.91%
    Marquez was exactly the same in both fights
    6.93%
    Unsure
    0.99%

Marquez had better conditioning in last night's fight than he did against Floyd, but he didn't win because of his conditioning, he won because of this :

Comment

Pacquiao fought a better Marquez by a mile. His fight against Mayweather was one of his worst fights. I would like to see him get a rematch with Floyd because I am sure he would do much better against Mayweather with his new trainer. Marquez is another Hopkins and has shown no slow down from ageing. Both Floyd and Manny seem more past prime than Marquez to me. In fact he seems to be hitting harder than ever before.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Pacquiao fought a better Marquez by a mile. His fight against Mayweather was one of his worst fights. I would like to see him get a rematch with Floyd because I am sure he would do much better against Mayweather with his new trainer. Marquez is another Hopkins and has shown no slow down from ageing. Both Floyd and Manny seem more past prime than Marquez to me. In fact he seems to be hitting harder than ever before.
        And the fact that he's hitting harder is somehow perfectly normal to u? Lmao. Boxing fans have went full ******

Comment

JMM was bigger & stronger against Pacquiao but it's not about that it's about styles.

I still don't get how many boxing fans lack the most basic statement in boxing which is styles make fights.

JMM is a counter puncher. He will always shine and do his best against a guy who comes to him and attacks. Floyd is a stylistic nightmare for JMM because JMM is forced to be the aggressor, thus eliminating the best part of his game. It's real simple stuff here.

Comment

And to answer the question, Marquez looked better but he was slower and easy to hit. He would still lose to Floyd. There's no doubt in my mind. Why anyone would wanna see that fight over is beyond me.

Comment

'09 jmm was closer to his prime

'12 jmm was a bit stronger and few years older

i think the best way to look at it is this. should floyd face jmm again he'd most likely shut him out a second time. maybe jmm gets a charity round this time

fact is jmm's footwork has gotten worse while floyd's is just about the same. and for those who believe that "floyd's legs are gone" crap? that's a bunch of nonsense

Comment

Marquez didn't drink urine this time. just worked on strength and I think this version of him was better.

Comment

Pacquiao did, Marquez was on the contaminated meat + memos shakes.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                    JMM was bigger & stronger against Pacquiao but it's not about that it's about styles.

I still don't get how many boxing fans lack the most basic statement in boxing which is styles make fights.

JMM is a counter puncher. He will always shine and do his best against a guy who comes to him and attacks. Floyd is a stylistic nightmare for JMM because JMM is forced to be the aggressor, thus eliminating the best part of his game. It's real simple stuff here.
                    And even if he tried to make Floyd come to him, Floyd would still pot shot the shit out of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X