No announcement yet.

A Ward, congrats, but come on..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Ward, congrats, but come on..

he won, very, very clearly and does have brilliant boxing skills, however, last nights fight was a cuddling bore fest. A man with an Olympic gold medal, a world title and leading the super six, NEEDS to perform with a far more entertaining, natural boxing style. You knew how this fight would turn out after the second round. Awful fight.

You should know by now that's who Andre Ward is. He isn't an exciting knockout warrior, he is just a damn good fighter.

Comment

Yeah, the fight was utter ****.

Comment

You gotta appreciate Andre Ward's skill. Yeah he isn't flashy and his fights aren't FOTY candidates, but the versatility he shows is impressive and I was entertained throughout the fight.

Comment

I just watched the fight. I wont make excuses for Greene's lack of offense but Ward was not throwing with him nor was he really boxing him. His strategy is to throw a quick punch at Greene and then wrap his left arm around Greene's back with the ref on the right side so he cant see it, then he walks Green into the ropes and that is when the ref should break them but he didnt and the fight sucked because of that. Ward wasnt throwing enough while holding Green against the ropes, that warrants a break by the ref but he didnt break them, it's lame, Ward is not always going to get away with that. I was disappointed with Greene too.

Comment

Although it should not be considered a FOTY type fight, Ward looked impressive in his victory. He has managed to adopt a B-Hop type of style, and this will help him avoid dangerous situations with powerful fighters like Abraham, so time will tell how well received he will be by most boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Spinner Dunn View Post
              Although it should not be considered a FOTY type fight, Ward looked impressive in his victory. He has managed to adopt a B-Hop type of style, and this will help him avoid dangerous situations with powerful fighters like Abraham, so time will tell how well received he will be by most boxing fans.
              true

it's hard to knock him because it is effective it stops him from being hit alot but one jab then jump in hold

for the commentators to say he is like roy jones jr but technically better is ridiculous roy would've destroyed that green that came into the ring last night and looked good doing it

ward fights in a very unattractive style

i was honestly more impressed with how dirrell was outboxing abraham till he got KOed than what ward did to green last night

green gave one of the worst performances i have ever seen if thats how you come into a fight for a world title something is clearly wrong

Comment

How was the fight boring? I'm still trying to figure that out.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                  How was the fight boring? I'm still trying to figure that out.
                  then you need your eyes testing

Comment

Originally posted by ghost deini View Post
                    then you need your eyes testing
                    Yea, the doctor made a BIG mistake with my glasses and contacts.

Comment

Working...
                    X