No announcement yet.

football hooligans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• football hooligans

so i know that everyone takes their football very seriously, but is really like in the movies where gangs or firms of both sides seek out each other just to beat the **** out of each other? i mean i understand if opposing fans happened to cross paths that it could get out of hand but **** like the movie green street hooligans doesnt happen in real life does it?

Those movies are watered down versions of 70's violence, to glorify it to Hollywood, Green Street being the worst. Research the 70's Millwall Bushwackers, West Ham ICF or the Chelsea Headhunters.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
      Those movies are watered down versions of 70's violence, to glorify it to Hollywood, Green Street being the worst. Research the 70's Millwall Bushwackers, West Ham ICF or the Chelsea Headhunters.
      i was wondering becausi liked that movie besides the american actor but didnt know if it was like real life today

Comment

Not real life today, police are well on top of hooliganism now, think the old school from West Ham would be pretty cheesed off with Green Street, as the ICF never used to go round the country with just 6 or 7 lads.

Cass is a better film.

Comment

Cardiff are known for having a hooligan element.

Reputation is everthing. I have been away at the age of 15 with a gang of us walking through the town centre with the home fans being **** scared.

I have seen little violence however. Seen guys get filled filled in on a night out in cardiff for singing their football teams songs.

I

Comment

Nah it's policed to well today. However i've seen it kick off a few times though at home and away but generally only little action takes place! Once i was in a pub swansea came over to invade the pub and all hail broke loose in there, tables, chairs flying and they, i think there was a good 50 of them or so, it got very nasty to say the least. I've seen on a few occasions a few confrontations with around 200 but old bill generally in the middle policing it to well so your segragated from the other side! Also a few seasons back i was in swindon and bristol rovers hooligans started to tear there chairs up and were chucking them over at the swindon fans it was pretty mental!

Comment

CCTV means Hooliganism these days is pretty much dead. The Old Bill have proper craked down on it.

Comment

Groups of guys actively seek each other out to fight but it very rarely actually happens. Often you will find people from rival firms are friends with one another.

Comment

It still does exist, just nowhere near the scale it was in the past. I have seen a bit of it with my own eyes, so believe me when people say its dead they're wrong.

Comment

It was so bad in the 70's and 80's England was banned from Euro club competitions lol. To be honest i think its a bit sad really I understand people supporting there local teams i know i do, are main rival is Southampton but i just take it is a laugh when it kicks off over football i never get involved its a great sport but not worth getting into a fight over imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X