No announcement yet.

Vikings' Ray Edwards signs on for two-fight pro boxing stint

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steak View Post
    I dont have any problem whatsoever with guys from other sports trying out boxing. The only thing I dont like is when they feast on bums forever and call it a career. At least sort of try to step up in class eventually.

but, oh well, its fun to see freak fights like that. Im all for this NFL to boxing thing.
    I don't either. My problem is when guys like Edwards say they can be the GOAT. It's a bit disrespectful IMO. I guess there's a certain level of cockyness you need to succeed in pro sports, but I don't know. I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by heebarican View Post
      i don't either. My problem is when guys like edwards say they can be the goat. It's a bit disrespectful imo. I guess there's a certain level of cockyness you need to succeed in pro sports, but i don't know. I don't like it.
      well if he did say that then he either needs to retire from boxing and try to be the goat or he needs to get knocked out like you said

Comment

Originally posted by Heebarican View Post
        I would love to see him get KTFO.
        Why would you say some **** like that? Dude is giving boxing some pretty good publicity, and he is an unrestricted free agent. He may not be Larry Holmes, but I doubt he's Tex Cobb either. He's not signed with the Vikings, so don't knock the dude for following his second passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Heebarican View Post
          I don't either. My problem is when guys like Edwards say they can be the GOAT. It's a bit disrespectful IMO. I guess there's a certain level of cockyness you need to succeed in pro sports, but I don't know. I don't like it.
          I dont mind if they say it as long as they actually move up in class eventually and at least attempt to proe theyre good.

I think it would be hilarious to just give Edwards or someone that believes theyre amazing a quick 3 round exhibition against Wladimir Klitschko. It would garner a lot of attention from casual sports fans and NFL fans, and then boxing would get a boost as they see Edwards' lifeless body crash to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
            For those who havent seen Tom fight...

nice..very nice

Comment

Working...
            X