No announcement yet.

We Won't See Stiverne vs Wilder or Wlad in Well Over A Year, Bank On It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Won't See Stiverne vs Wilder or Wlad in Well Over A Year, Bank On It

None of Kings fighters are active. Stiverne dosn't seem to care if he is. I say at the earliest a year and a half from now he takes on Wlad, WIlder, or another emerging guy. More then likely it will be 2+ years.

9-12 months from now he will take on a no hoper

Originally posted by 2014Classic View Post
    None of Kings fighters are active. Stiverne dosn't seem to care if he is. I say at the earliest a year and a half from now he takes on Wlad, WIlder, or another emerging guy. More then likely it will be 2+ years.

9-12 months from now he will take on a no hoper
    You are correct.

Stiverne fought only once in 2013, once in 2012 against Willie Herring (13-10-3) and once in 2010 against Ramon Hayes (15-31-1).

So chances are he won't fight again in 2014.

Comment

There needs to be a rule of 3 defenses per year for champions given no injuries happen.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
        There needs to be a rule of 3 defenses per year for champions given no injuries happen.
        I agree, they shouldn't be able to keep the title without defending it.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2014 View Post
          You are correct.

Stiverne fought only once in 2013, once in 2012 against Willie Herring (13-10-3) and once in 2010 against Ramon Hayes (15-31-1).

So chances are he won't fight again in 2014.
          It's on the WBC to force him to fight his mandatory. Preferably this year as King is talking the optional fight first it seems.

Comment

That is certainly a distinct possibility, although on the other side what does King really have to work on otherwise. So I could see the interim fight happening this year, but those bigger fights will be harder to make I think unless King just says **** it so they would probably take time.

Comment

They're gonna wait for Nobuhiro Ishida to win the Japanese Heavyweight title then bring Bermane to Japan only for him to get KO'd the same way Ishida obliterated Kirkland.

Comment

Working...
              X