No announcement yet.

IBF confirms Klitschko-Pulev must happen next

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBF confirms Klitschko-Pulev must happen next

The wait is over: Finally, Kubrat Pulev (20-0, 11 KOs) will get his chance to fight for the Heavyweight Championship of the World! The IBF has stated that Wladimir Klitschko (62-3, 52 KOs) must defend his titles against his Berlin-based mandatory from Bulgaria in his very next bout.

“That’s what I call a late birthday gift,” says Pulev, who celebrated his 33rd birthday last Sunday. “I was ringside when Wladimir defended his belts a few weeks ago. It was a walk in the park for him against Leapai. When Klitschko meets me inside the ring, I will cause him real problems to say the least. I will show the fans worldwide that Klitschko is no invincible machine and fulfil my dream.”

Pulev, who is nicknamed the “Cobra” due to his fighting style, secured the IBF mandatory spot in August 2013 with a win over Tony Thompson. After Klitschko, the WBO/WBA Super Champion and IBF World Champion, successfully completed his WBO mandatory against Alex Leapai on April 26, Pulev, the IBF’s mandatory challenger, is next in line.

Kalle Sauerland: ‘’The negotiations with Team Klitschko have already begun. We are excited to present a heavyweight bout in cooperation with K2, which is deserving of its ‘Heavyweight World Championship’ status.’’
    Read more at http://www.********boxing.com/2014/i...uV9RTQXIUOr.99

How do you see this one going?

decent scrap,

i see wlad beating him and knocking him out in the late rounds

pulev is to small and fights in straight lines, his footwork is not good and his speed isnt dazzling

wlad will be landing bombs on him all night - if he chooses to, but as we know the recent wlad is very reluctant to let his hands go as much, think this has a lot to do with manny no longer being in his corner

pulev is a good figther, but he doesnt have anything that that threatens wlad..his best bet is to go for broke in the early rounds all guns blazing and not to let wlad settle in

Comment

Good thing this is happening.

Pulev is tough as nails and will show courage, but ultimately he's not powerful or skillful enough to compete with Wlad.

Wlad's too good for him, but he'll probably go the distance.

Comment

Wlad in devastating fashion - I hope. I really enjoy him, but man, those clinches. From a monster of a man, just baffle me

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          decent scrap,

i see wlad beating him and knocking him out in the late rounds

pulev is to small and fights in straight lines, his footwork is not good and his speed isnt dazzling

wlad will be landing bombs on him all night - if he chooses to, but as we know the recent wlad is very reluctant to let his hands go as much, think this has a lot to do with manny no longer being in his corner

pulev is a good figther, but he doesnt have anything that that threatens wlad..his best bet is to go for broke in the early rounds all guns blazing and not to let wlad settle in
          6'4.5 250lbs is too small and poor footwork? You should consider finding another sport to follow.

Comment

Pulev will be forced to eat jabs like m&m's.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              Pulev will be forced to eat jabs like m&m's.
              That's what I think too, but he has an exceptional jab himself, what if he out-jabs Klitschko?

Comment

good fight. for a while now i've felt that pulev was the best heavyweight not named klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Khmelnytsky View Post
                  6'4.5 250lbs is too small and poor footwork? You should consider finding another sport to follow.
                  David Haye was 6'3 and he looked like a midget in there..

Wlad is not only tall, he has very long arms and a wide body stature

pulev will spend the entire fight trying to get close to wlad, and eating up jabs and right hands, so yes he is small

pulevs footwork is not impressive, and he fights in straight lines, the small guys who can trouble wlad need to fight from side to side, wlad likes to have his target in the middle, he is very stationary, so when a guy just walks infront of him, his jab doesnt miss the target

and i'm afraid pulev doesnt have the movement to cause wlad any problems,,

strong guy, who will eventually be knocked out after giving it his best

Comment

Another can. Couldn't finish a 60 year old Tony Thompson. Something both Klitschko's have done like 20 years ago when Thompson could still walk.

Comment

Working...
                    X