No announcement yet.

canelos quick start

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canelos quick start

i think the way canelo came out guns blazing is what made this fight. That left hook actually stunned angulo in the first seconds of the first rd. Angulo is a crappy boxer that starts slow but never could get past canelos jab, another thing i saw was that canelo kept throwing bombs at angulos body. very impressed by canelo.

Originally posted by bigsmoothh View Post
    i think the way canelo came out guns blazing is what made this fight. That left hook actually stunned angulo in the first seconds of the first rd. Angulo is a crappy boxer that starts slow but never could get past canelos jab, another thing i saw was that canelo kept throwing bombs at angulos body. very impressed by canelo.
    I also think Angulo was hurt in that first round and lost his legs. Hunter needs to work on boxing fundamentals rather than trying to make Angulo a track star. If he wanted quick foot work he should have come to me

Comment

Angulo was jarred bad with that first left hook, he could never get started because he was receiving bombs. Also the stoppage was good, I think it could have been stopped earlier to be honest. Angulo couldn't land the left hook so it was going to be 1-2 more rounds of a beating which could have killed him.

Everyone crying about the fix are the same people who say Canelo is garbage, what a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post
        Angulo was jarred bad with that first left hook, he could never get started because he was receiving bombs. Also the stoppage was good, I think it could have been stopped earlier to be honest. Angulo couldn't land the left hook so it was going to be 1-2 more rounds of a beating which could have killed him.

Everyone crying about the fix are the same people who say Canelo is garbage, what a surprise.
        Canelo is not garbage, but that looked to me like the worst effort I've ever seen a fighter ever give in Angulo. It wasn't that he was confused or befuddled. He was just straight up winging punches.

It's naive as fck to think that this fight couldn't be thrown or rigged. Naive and ignorant of boxing's history.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
          Canelo is not garbage, but that looked to me like the worst effort I've ever seen a fighter ever give in Angulo. It wasn't that he was confused or befuddled. He was just straight up winging punches.

It's naive as fck to think that this fight couldn't be thrown or rigged. Naive and ignorant of boxing's history.
          It's only fixed when it's convenient to the fans of certain fighters or fans who hate certain fighters.

Watch Lara vs. Angulo and look at the same weak punches in the first round, Angulo is a guy who needs to get going or have a stationary target. Canelo never let him get any kind of rhythm and was never out of position with his hands down like Lara was, he also never stood in front of Angulo and just let him tee off. He was switching levels and countering with hard shots.

Comment

Angulo has always thrown weak punches to set up stronger ones, difference is Canelo capitalized on that.

Comment

It's only fixed when it's convenient to the fans of certain fighters or fans who hate certain fighters.

Watch Lara vs. Angulo and look at the same weak punches in the first round, Angulo is a guy who needs to get going or have a stationary target. Canelo never let him get any kind of rhythm and was never out of position with his hands down like Lara was, he also never stood in front of Angulo and just let him tee off. He was switching levels and countering with hard shots.
              Except Angulo had Canelo on the ropes as a stationary target and did not throw a single punch I would even consider strong enough to KO the average joeblow.

Even the shots he was wiffing were weak and without power. The grandstanding in the middle rounds made an already fishy fight even more suspicious and then the worst stoppage I've ever seen on a PPV main event happens.

I call rigged. No way they were letting the "future golden boy" look like crap in front of a PPV audience. No way that GBP took even the smallest of chances that Canelo would get KO'd or take too much punishment. Fixed fixed fixed.

I had no "dog" in this fight. I don't care about Canelo and was actually leaning towards becoming a fan of his. Not after tonight though.

Comment

Except Angulo had Canelo on the ropes as a stationary target and did not throw a single punch I would even consider strong enough to KO the average joeblow.
                What round was Canelo laying on the ropes? The 8th round after Angulo already took a savage beating the whole fight? He wasn't laying on the ropes either, he was rolling with the punches and countering.

Angulo did throw hard punches tonight, they mostly missed by miles.

Even the shots he was wiffing were weak and without power. The grandstanding in the middle rounds made an already fishy fight even more suspicious and then the worst stoppage I've ever seen on a PPV main event happens.
                The stoppage was good, Angulo was spent and he was taking waaaaaaayy too much punishment. He got beat to the body and head tonight and hardly ever got a chance to get his hard punches off without taking a big shot upstairs or hard shots to the body.

I call rigged. No way they were letting the "future golden boy" look like crap in front of a PPV audience. No way that GBP took even the smallest of chances that Canelo would get KO'd or take too much punishment. Fixed fixed fixed.

I had no "dog" in this fight. I don't care about Canelo and was actually leaning towards becoming a fan of his. Not after tonight though.
                So what was exactly the plan tonight? Angulo needs to take a beating while coming forward the whole fight and missing most his shots? Have you seen Angulo before?

Angulo gassed in one round against Kirkland and was slower than tonight after that first round. He went life and death with Jorge Silva before the Lara fight.

Styles make fights, people think that because Angulo gave hell to Lara he would give hell to Canelo.

That wasn't the case so the fight is fixed now.

Comment

What round was Canelo laying on the ropes? The 8th round after Angulo already took a savage beating the whole fight? He wasn't laying on the ropes either, he was rolling with the punches and countering.

Angulo did throw hard punches tonight, they mostly missed by miles.
                  He threw maybe four hard punches the entire fight. Most of them to the body or they hit gloves when Canelo was already shelled up. He basically only threw hard punches when there was no chance that canelo would be seriously damaged.

Angulo took such a savage beating that he was actually throwing more punches as the rounds went on not less. Not that it mattered since they weren't thrown with any bad intentions.

The stoppage was good, Angulo was spent and he was taking waaaaaaayy too much punishment. He got beat to the body and head tonight and hardly ever got a chance to get his hard punches off without taking a big shot upstairs or hard shots to the body.
                  He was getting beat up worse in the Lara fight and Weeks didn't stop it. I've never seen a PPV main event get stopped at such an awkward spot. He took a flush shot, but was not wobbled or left defenseless. He was still pressuring, moving forward and throwing punches. There were fights on the undercards that had more punishment which weren't awkwardly and prematurely stopped.

So what was exactly the plan tonight? Angulo needs to take a beating while coming forward the whole fight and missing most his shots? Have you seen Angulo before?
                  The plan was to make Canelo look good and make sure he doesn't take too much punishment in front of a PPV audience. Angulo was throwing harder shots in all of his previous fights.

Angulo gassed in one round against Kirkland and was slower than tonight after that first round. He went life and death with Jorge Silva before the Lara fight.
                  He gassed after throwing shots much harder than 99% of the shots he threw tonight in over 10 rounds.

Styles make fights, people think that because Angulo gave hell to Lara he would give hell to Canelo.

That wasn't the case so the fight is fixed now.
                  It wasn't even about styles. It was about Angulo's serious lack of desire to hurt Canelo.

I think Angulo is just a ****ty actor. GBP recognized it and decided to end it before things got out of hand.

Comment

He threw maybe four hard punches the entire fight. Most of them to the body or they hit gloves when Canelo was already shelled up. He basically only threw hard punches when there was no chance that canelo would be seriously damaged.
                    Can't argue with you if you are convinced Angulo was paid a large sum of $$$ to put on a masterful acting performance. Thank god Canelo also played his part and kept beating the shit out of him the whole fight while consistently moving his head and body to avoid those fake punches.

Angulo took such a savage beating that he was actually throwing more punches as the rounds went on not less. Not that it mattered since they weren't thrown with any bad intentions.
                    Yup. Canelo slowed down and Angulo had to make it look right, so he threw even more fake punches...while being a master of distance and timing to have the 4 hard ones miss.

He was getting beat up worse in the Lara fight and Weeks didn't stop it. I've never seen a PPV main event get stopped at such an awkward spot. He took a flush shot, but was not wobbled or left defenseless. He was still pressuring, moving forward and throwing punches. There were fights on the undercards that had more punishment which weren't awkwardly and prematurely stopped.
                    I watched it a the movie theater and you could hear and see all the hard shots, I asked a couple people there what they thought. Nobody thought the stoppage was bad, it was a savage beating. I thought it should have been stopped after the last round.

The plan was to make Canelo look good and make sure he doesn't take too much punishment in front of a PPV audience. Angulo was throwing harder shots in all of his previous fights.
                    Tony Jaa needs to get GBP to choreograph his next movie, it was masterful how they pulled that off tonight. Even made it look like Angulo was trying to win at times.

He gassed after throwing shots much harder than 99% of the shots he threw tonight in over 10 rounds.
                    The point is this isn't the first time Angulo has looked like he was punching under water. If you were arguing he was over trained:

That's plausible.

But when the argument is a fixed fight with ZERO evidence it's really hard to take you serious.

It wasn't even about styles. It was about Angulo's serious lack of desire to hurt Canelo.
                    Just great acting all around.

I think Angulo is just a ****ty actor. GBP recognized it and decided to end it before things got out of hand.
                    I take that back, Angulo is not a great actor now.

Not only was Angulo paid to fake a fight, now Tony Weeks gets paid off too.

The plot thickens.

Comment

Working...
                    X