No announcement yet.

Marijuana Prohibition, like Alcohol, has been an absolute failure

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana Prohibition, like Alcohol, has been an absolute failure

The only thing the government is doing by not regulating it is giving organized crime a medium through which they make billions of dollars every year.

It's literally 100 times easier for me to get Weed than it is to get Alcohol. With Alcohol, you have to go to the store, most of them are closed at night, closed on the holidays closed on sundays, you have to have your I.D...

With Weed, I have more than a dozen dealers on my phone, so if one isn't available, I go down the line, they're available at any hour of the day, including 4 in the morning and some of them come right to your door. It takes me less than 15 minutes to get whatever I want, whenever I want with no hassle.

All of my friends smoke weed, there's weed at every party I go to and half of the people I work with my age smoke weed. When is the stupidity going to end? Nobody is going to stop anybody from smoking weed.
    Last edited by DARKSEID; 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM.

......dope head

Comment

amen!!!! Government is full of shiiiit on this one

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        ......dope head

Only on my day off

Comment

I live in California where it's basically legal. I went to the doctor, said I'm stressed out, and got my little license thing and can buy as much as I want at a dispensary. It'll be better once it's finally just legalized for recreation, but this isn't half-bad, other than the cost of the doctor visit.

I never had done any drugs/alcohol until I tried weed last year. I had been for its legalization before that though. Trying it only further convinced me that it's ridiculous to treat this basically harmless substance like some real threat to society, when as you say the main problems stem from it being illegal. Alcohol is very arguably worse, and we all know how prohibition went with that.

I do draw the line at heroin and **** like that though. That stuff is basically poison and incredibly difficult to quit, so it'd be going too far IMO to have that **** behind convenience store counters as well. Some hardcore libertarians disagree with me.
          Last edited by samouraï; 10-30-2013, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            ......dope thread
            .....^^^^^...

Comment

Yes, agree with your OP totally, its much less harmless than alcohol if its at all harmful in anyway.

Comment

Come to Europe, it's basically tolerated everywhere. America is the land of hypocrisy.

Comment

Way to state the obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves
                    I live in California where it's basically legal. I went to the doctor, said I'm stressed out, and got my little license thing and can buy as much as I want at a dispensary. It'll be better once it's finally just legalized for recreation, but this isn't half-bad, other than the cost of the doctor visit.

I never had done any drugs/alcohol until I tried weed last year. I had been for its legalization before that though. Trying it only further convinced me that it's ridiculous to treat this basically harmless substance like some real threat to society, when as you say the main problems stem from it being illegal. Alcohol is very arguably worse, and we all know how prohibition went with that.

I do draw the line at heroin and **** like that though. That stuff is basically poison and incredibly difficult to quit, so it'd be going too far IMO to have that **** behind convenience store counters as well. Some hardcore libertarians disagree with me.
                    Exactly who ever got too high and beat their woman? Whoever got too high and kills pedestrians and other drivers on the road? If anything it makes you more cautious and go slower on the road

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X