Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can any fighter right now actually beat floyd mayweather??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can any fighter right now actually beat floyd mayweather??

Would you match anyone to beat floyd mayweather right now?

Pacquiao?
    Lets face it, after Pac's last fight the majority of people think he would be countered and pot shotted to death by floyd and the odds are that he will.

Cotto?
    Cotto has some skill left after his whooping from marg and pac but he struggled with mosley and has he really got the pressure to take out mayweather? His left body shot that he seems to of abandoned would be his biggest tool, but floyds right elbow will probably block that.

Marg, Mosley?
    Well we know the answer to Mosley, Marg is past prime and a punching bag right now.

Martinez, Alvarez?
    Would prob have to fight him at 147 to floyd's advantage, and he would just pick them apart.

Anyone else?! and don't say berto or ortiz.

IMO mayweather will retire (when he decides to) undefeated.

We now again seeing that he can still do an offensive array of attacks since he was still 'pretty boy' and hungry. This guy has both amazing defense and can choose to be offensive when he wants. He claims he has only ever used his 'C' game and we can see that now with his attacking skill coming forward.

I'm a fan of all boxers and appreciate the blood and sweat to be at that level, but lets be realistic..As of right now Mayweather is unbeatable!? Someone, give me another perspective!

Martinez, which is why Floyd is fighting Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      Martinez, which is why Floyd is fighting Cotto.
      yeh, but if they agreed a fight, he's have to drain down to near 147, maybe 150 which he hasn't been since around 2003 and may would be stronger, faster and he's already more skilled. Floyd wins that one, coz martinez is after the money 1st and win second.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
        yeh, but if they agreed a fight, he's have to drain down to near 147, maybe 150 which he hasn't been since around 2003 and may would be stronger, faster and he's already more skilled. Floyd wins that one, coz martinez is after the money 1st and win second.
        Why, he's fighting Cotto at a full 154.

Comment

Martinez @160lbs would beat Mayweather, but so would any boxer at unrealistic weights.

Martinez @154lb wont beat him, it would be one hell of a fight though and one I really want to see. I think it happens next since Arum and Manny been running scared for 3years straight and Floyd is back at @154lbs.

other than that, there isn't anything out there that I see being a serious threat. Kinda crazy when you think about it, just goes to show you how talented he is.
          Last edited by p4p-champ; 02-03-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Why, he's fighting Cotto at a full 154.
            gd point, and yeh you're right martinez is probably his biggest threat..which is why he'd call a catchweight I reckon and thus putting the fight in floyds favour

Comment

Save for martinez at an unrealistic weight for floyd, imo cotto has the best chance to beat floyd.

I dont see how you can say he struggled against mosley. It was a great fight, from both fighters, and cotto came out on top.

Comment

I don't see anyone out there with a realistic shot of beating Mayweather. His skill level is too high,head and shoulders above the rest. Only a huge hitter would have a puncher's chance and I don't see anyone out there with the power to KO him. Mosely caught him solid and he took it.
                The only way I see Mayweather not retiring undefeated is if he makes some really bad business moves loses all his money and is forced to fight on when his powers have declined.Other than that I am certain he will retire undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
                  Save for martinez at an unrealistic weight for floyd, imo cotto has the best chance to beat floyd.

I dont see how you can say he struggled against mosley. It was a great fight, from both fighters, and cotto came out on top.
                  well..maybe struggled was a big word, but you say yourself it was a great fight for both of them therefore quite close

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
                    Would you match anyone to beat floyd mayweather right now?

Pacquiao?
                    Lets face it, after Pac's last fight the majority of people think he would be countered and pot shotted to death by floyd and the odds are that he will.

Cotto?
                    Cotto has some skill left after his whooping from marg and pac but he struggled with mosley and has he really got the pressure to take out mayweather? His left body shot that he seems to of abandoned would be his biggest tool, but floyds right elbow will probably block that.

Marg, Mosley?
                    Well we know the answer to Mosley, Marg is past prime and a punching bag right now.

Martinez, Alvarez?
                    Would prob have to fight him at 147 to floyd's advantage, and he would just pick them apart.

Anyone else?! and don't say berto or ortiz.

IMO mayweather will retire (when he decides to) undefeated.

We now again seeing that he can still do an offensive array of attacks since he was still 'pretty boy' and hungry. This guy has both amazing defense and can choose to be offensive when he wants. He claims he has only ever used his 'C' game and we can see that now with his attacking skill coming forward.

I'm a fan of all boxers and appreciate the blood and sweat to be at that level, but lets be realistic..As of right now Mayweather is unbeatable!? Someone, give me another perspective!
                    Yup martinez @ 154 and Pac who looks like bruce lee.. Those are competitive fights. The rest maybe Canelo in a year or 2. Ortiz almost had him in the last round but sadly he had to sucker punch his way to ****ville..

Comment

Working...
                    X