No announcement yet.

Any boxing coach in here?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    stop messing with the kid, you know what he means.

lots of smooth mobility rather than the more standup and robotic european style. he never said mayweather was the blueprint of american boxing or that theres only one style. he just used him as an example.
    yeah, he used him as the "american style's" example, which is completely incorrect

one could argue that calderon is a purer boxer than even mayweather, so does calderon have a more american style than any current american?

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
      yeah, he used him as the "american style's" example, which is completely incorrect

one could argue that calderon is a purer boxer than even mayweather, so does calderon have a more american style than any current american?
      calderon does have what u would call an american style, so does david haye and lots of other non american fighters.

there are diffrent schools of boxing, that doesnt mean every fighter fights in the exact style thats common in their region. hatton fights more like a typical mexican fighter than JMM does.

i agree floyd isnt the trademark american fighter i said so to begin with. i was responding to the other guy who was acting like the TS said all americans fight the same way, which he didnt say.

u guys know what the TS meant, hes clearly new to boxing. no point messing around with him.

Comment

calderon does have what u would call an american style, so does david haye and lots of other non american fighters.

there are diffrent schools of boxing, that doesnt mean every fighter fights in the exact style thats common in their region. hatton fights more like a typical mexican fighter than JMM does.

i agree floyd isnt the trademark american fighter i said so to begin with. i was responding to the other guy who was acting like the TS said all americans fight the same way, which he didnt say.

u guys know what the TS meant, hes clearly new to boxing. no point messing around with him.
        i know what he meant, but he's incorrect in every way. there's no "american style". in fact, most american boxers aren't defensive minded, nor have they been

what he wants to learn is a defensive oriented style, like mayweather's. i was just correcting him. what the other dude said was funny though

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
          i know what he meant, but he's incorrect in every way. there's no "american style". in fact, most american boxers aren't defensive minded, nor have they been

what he wants to learn is a defensive oriented style, like mayweather's. i was just correcting him. what the other dude said was funny though
          yeah i know. hes thinking of the fact that most black americans are boxer type fighters, and there are still many that arent. not to mention all the italian and irish american fighters etc. the US and the UK always had lots of diffrent styles.

Comment

stop messing with the kid, you know what he means.

lots of smooth mobility rather than the more standup and robotic european style. he never said mayweather was the blueprint of american boxing or that theres only one style. he just used him as an example.
            what he really wanted to ask was, "does anyone coach a super slick black american style that is superior to the rest of the world and you hit the pads really really fast just like on 24/7.."

instead of , "does anyone coach american style...

with flair?"

Last edited by shogunn; 07-09-2010, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X