Comments Thread For: Malignaggi: I Asked for VADA, Got USADA & No Tests Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
    if that were true then why does donaire use usada for his year long testing
    donaire has been doing his year round testing with VADA not USADA...

Comment

One tests athletes across a multitude of sports for the highest levels of international competition. The other is a start-up private entity created solely to capitalize on a void for testing in the most corrupt sport on earth...and the untrustworthy one is the well established behemoth that brought down Lance ****ing Armstrong. Only in boxing .

Comment

Originally posted by NatiKid View Post
        sounds like they switched it to vada and that manny requested it which is strange
        Nah. Bob Arum isn't all that fond of USADA. It goes back to the time during the first round of Mayweather-Pacquaio negotiations. The Nevada Commission called upon USADA's President to speak about why random testing was necessary for the fight with Pacquaio. In a nutshell, Bob Arum felt that USADA was a bit against Pacquaio. Arum also doesn't want them because Golden Boy uses them.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          One tests athletes across a multitude of sports for the highest levels of international competition. The other is a start-up private entity created solely to capitalize on a void for testing in the most corrupt sport on earth...and the untrustworthy one is the well established behemoth that brought down Lance ****ing Armstrong. Only in boxing .
          Haha, it's literally amazing man.

Comment

I remember when Peterson and Berto were caught, GB was really unahppy with the way VADA handled the situation. Probably has something to do with why they haven't used them since.

Comment

Yeah USADA is dirty.....they only test athletes across many different sports and brought down the biggest drug cheat in history.

Comment

This whole USADA VADA argument is ******ed, boxing is minor, technically it ain't even a sport, it's more of an event, I doubt it's that difficult to infiltrate as well. There was still a lot of shadiness that went on with the whole Quillin-Wright fight and disposing of samples. Whether they feel both parties weren't informed, it's good to know if either of them tested positive for an illegal substance. That right there should worry people.

Comment

GB was unhappy because when VADA caught Lamont in March (fight was in May), the only people who were informed were...Lamont. And his lawyer. From then until May, nobody else knew. Not Khan. Not the Nevada state athletic commission. Not GB. It wasn't until May that *Lamont's lawyer* finally informed the NSAC. By then it was too late to look for a replacement opponent. GB had to scrap the entire promotion, including the undercard.

Originally posted by Rhyme 4 Rhyme View Post
                  I remember when Peterson and Berto were caught, GB was really unahppy with the way VADA handled the situation. Probably has something to do with why they haven't used them since.

Comment

IMO it now looks like:

Top Rank = VADA
                    Goldenboy = USADA

But to stay on subject, I would be worried if I was Paulie. What if they are waiting for Broner to come off his cycle so they can be tested.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhyme 4 Rhyme View Post
                      Why was GBP unhappy with the way VADA handled the situation.?.. I thought VADA did a terrific job. It's not their fault Peterson and Berto had dirty s-h-i-t in their bodies.

Comment

Working...
                      X