Collapse
No announcement yet.

Froch vs Pascal was brutal!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just over four years. but yeah, time flies when you're having fun following Carl Froch.

Comment

This was a great fight,I made a thread about this before...

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=474354

Comment

Great shout. It's one of my favourite fights, it was live on terrestrial television here and really put Froch in the public eye.

Comment

It was a fantastic tear-up. It shows how far Froch's profile has risen, as that night there was a big Frank Warren card on skysports that got almost all the media attention. Many boxing fans were treated to a feast of Enzo Mac, Audley, Jamie Cox and a pre-Prescott Amir Khan, blissfully unaware that one of the great modern day warriors was bludgeoning his way to a world title live on free to air TV.

and now he's their poster boy & marquee fighter. Funny old world.
          Last edited by deadbeat hero; 01-19-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Has there been a better SMW fight since??I'm finding it hard to think of one..Hell the only one I would put close to it would be Froch vs Kessler or Froch vs Taylor..But one things for sure,the best SMW fight in the past 10 yrs has been with Froch as one of the participant...

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Bombs being thrown from the start.

Man this is an overlooked modern day classic. One of the best fights I've had the pleasure of witnessing live!

How on earth nobody went down & this went the distance I will never know.

Fawwwk the Kessler rematch, bring on Froch vs Pascal 2 lol

Great fight! I remember watching and asking my brother and our friends if they had seen it. They missed out it was a great fight. I dont think they even knew who pascal and froch were at the time

very underrated. those were some serious bombs both froch and pascal were throwing

Originally posted by New England View Post
              you were there?

nice.

i was at froch vs taylor. ringside. the atmosphere in the 12th round was something i'm never going to forget.
              that was a great fight too. kinda suck for me to see taylor come so close to the finish line but still a great fight

Comment

British terrestrial TV needs more fights like this one.

Comment

Cool ring entrance, in very hostile territory, for Pascal.

Begins around 7:30 of video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkxWdvw6MAI

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                    Has there been a better SMW fight since??I'm finding it hard to think of one..Hell the only one I would put close to it would be Froch vs Kessler or Froch vs Taylor..But one things for sure,the best SMW fight in the past 10 yrs has been with Froch as one of the participant...
                    actually it was calzaghe-manfredo

Comment

It was a brilliant fight and it was great that it was on ITV (I think). It's a shame they stopped showing fights really.

Great war and I forget how many flush shots each guy was taking, how both guys managed the full 12 is incredible.

Would love this fight again if Froch moved up and then proceed to beat brakes off of that pretender Cleverly.

Comment

Working...
                      X