Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighting at light heavy will shave years off of Ward's life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was about to write about this, but you're right. He's way too small for 175. The division has some serious weight bullies too.

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
      I was about to write about this, but you're right. He's way too small for 175. The division has some serious weight bullies too.
      well he's **** out of luck he cant make 168 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
        His best punches were jabs and the official scorecards were 114-113. He didn't beat the hell out of anyone.
        But he won stupid

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
          But he won stupid
          Winning by the skin of your teeth is not the same as beating the hell out of someone,take the **** out of your mouth and think,jeez.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
            The way you describe wards punches makes him sound like hes mike tyson."The was also a left hook that almost dropped him, and a straight left that hit him so hard that Kovalev's head went through the ropes." Get the hell the out of here with that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
              Winning by the skin of your teeth is not the same as beating the hell out of someone,take the **** out of your mouth and think,jeez.
              Who said he beat the hell out of him you bum? Learn the sport

Comment

Originally posted by NYC8224 View Post
                Who said he beat the hell out of him you bum? Learn the sport
                read the original comment I was responding to sissie.

Comment

Good thing Ward is unafraid of moving up. When this is all said and done he will have gone up and gotten a heavyweight strap. We can't all be 35 year olds hiding out in garbage divisions like Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
                    Stevenson would massacre both this fools. He's slicker, faster, more skilled, and on top of that has more power than both these fools. It was a decent fight, a good fight even, but I don't see how any of these two even stand a chance against Explosiveson.
                    I dunno if he is faster than Kovalev in terms of hand speed, let alone Ward BUT he is a damn beast when it comes to finishing guys off...and enjoying it. Kovalev backs off at times, he did so against Chilemba and famously Hopkins before the Ward fight.

Plus. in terms of single shots, Stevenson hits harder than anyone I've seen at 175lb in a long time. Possibly ever in my life time. If Stevenson landed flush like Kovalev, Ward wouldn't need to run and fight scared, he'd be out.

Anyway, we're not likely going to see Stevenson against those guys because of his financially suicidal relationship with Haymon. Oh well.

Comment

You guys are so used to watching champs knock over cans that you call a fighter a bum when he fights the absolute best in the division and looks like he is being tested. Ward and Kov BOTH beat everyone at 175 including one dimensional fighters like Stevenson, Beterbiev and anyone else.

Comment

Working...
                      X