Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Max Kellerman: "Andre, you won every round".

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    Did I red K you again? I must have been drunk, sorry bro.

As for resurrecting the thread, I was just searching for something specific and this came up, despite being nothing to do with what I was looking for.

I couldn't believe then that people couldn't grasp such a BASIC and OBVIOUS point, and I still can't believe it now.
    I still stand by what I said.

I guess you were angling for people to decry the injustice and inadequacy of announcers, in this case Kellerman, which is where you wanted the focus to be..

But I and others came along and said you can't expect him to use two hats at the same gig. Meaning, he spent 12 rounds spouting wonderfully biased and fawning things, but then you expect him to be impartial in the interview? That would not be congruent with his behaviour from before, hence to be expected.

In a perfect world, announcers should be impartial and not try to influence perceptions, but they do. There is plenty or corruption in boxing, that is just part and parcel of the whole shabang. The "why do you act so brand new?" line still stands the test of time. The echo of its saying reverberates throughout the confines of this thread, an annoying (for you) reminder of a thread of yours that has flopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
      I still stand by what I said.

I guess you were angling for people to decry the injustice and inadequacy of announcers, in this case Kellerman, which is where you wanted the focus to be..

But I and others came along and said you can't expect him to use two hats at the same gig. Meaning, he spent 12 rounds spouting wonderfully biased and fawning things, but then you expect him to be impartial in the interview? That would not be congruent with his behaviour from before, hence to be expected.

In a perfect world, announcers should be impartial and not try to influence perceptions, but they do. There is plenty or corruption in boxing, that is just part and parcel of the whole shabang. The "why do you act so brand new?" line still stands the test of time. The echo of its saying reverberates throughout the confines of this thread, an annoying (for you) reminder of a thread of yours that has flopped.
      In what sense has it "flopped"? In the sense that 80% of the people responding to it lacked BASIC intellect to engage with it?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
        In what sense has it "flopped"? In the sense that 80% of the people responding to it lacked BASIC intellect to engage with it?
        My intellect more than matches yours in an omnipresent way.....

If it's any consolation, I didn't know Marc was you at first, 3 years ago removed....!

Comment

Originally posted by Syf View Post
          My intellect more than matches yours in an omnipresent way.....

If it's any consolation, I didn't know Marc was you at first, 3 years ago removed....!
          Did I say you were in the 80%?

Though you did fail to get the point of the thread...

Comment

Working...
          X