Collapse
No announcement yet.

Death Penalty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. it's the type of behaviour you expect from those who worship a smelly brown god.

Comment

In principle, I'm for it.

However, the United States' judicial system has proven to be ultimately flawed in favor of those who can afford expert representation: ergo, the one with the best lawyer wins, which means sometimes innocent men go to prison for something they didn't do.

Now, while statistically, this doesn't happen very often, once is enough; and it's certainly happened more than once.

While I will admit it is annoying and almost insulted for those who are obviously guilty to file appeal after appeal, delaying the inevitable, the fact is how would you feel if it were you convicted of a crime you didn't commit?

Until our judicial system can try men and women in such a way as there is no doubt as to one's guilt, and the money one has is no longer a factor in determining that outcome, the death penalty should be done away with.

One innocent man being executed in error is one too many.

....and on the same note, our penal system in and of itself needs to be refocused towards reformation of it's occupants to reentering society as opposed to the current mantra of punishment, as we are turning relatively threat-less prisoners into repeat offenders upon their release. In other words, a man may or may not be dangerous going in; but is almost guaranteed to be dangerous upon his reintroduction into society. This is purely unacceptable; but....also the topic for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
        In principle, I'm for it.

However, the United States' judicial system has proven to be ultimately flawed in favor of those who can afford expert representation: ergo, the one with the best lawyer wins, which means sometimes innocent men go to prison for something they didn't do.

Now, while statistically, this doesn't happen very often, once is enough; and it's certainly happened more than once.

While I will admit it is annoying and almost insulted for those who are obviously guilty to file appeal after appeal, delaying the inevitable, the fact is how would you feel if it were you convicted of a crime you didn't commit?

Until our judicial system can try men and women in such a way as there is no doubt as to one's guilt, and the money one has is no longer a factor in determining that outcome, the death penalty should be done away with.

One innocent man being executed in error is one too many.

....and on the same note, our penal system in and of itself needs to be refocused towards reformation of it's occupants to reentering society as opposed to the current mantra of punishment, as we are turning relatively threat-less prisoners into repeat offenders upon their release. In other words, a man may or may not be dangerous going in; but is almost guaranteed to be dangerous upon his reintroduction into society. This is purely unacceptable; but....also the topic for another thread.
        So by saying this you are against capital punishment. I am as well, for the reason you gave, but also because it doesn't give justice to anyone.

As far as the least part you posted in reforming prisoners, it will never happen in the U.S as long as Republicans are making and passing laws. The conservative mindset is very primitive when it comes to actually taking the time to study what really works and how we can slow down the recidivism rate among prisoners.

That concept is to progressive and radical for most Americans. They just want to see people killed because it's the good ole American way.

Comment

I think murder as a form of justice is best left for gangsters.

Comment

Rapists, child molesters, mass murderers, they deserve it.

Comment

Originally posted by B0XEO View Post
              Rapists, child molesters, mass murderers, they deserve it.
              I read it fast and thought you put ass murderers

I agree with you 100% also no trial if they're caught red handed

Comment

Originally posted by -jose- View Post
                I read it fast and thought you put ass murderers

I agree with you 100% also no trial if they're caught red handed

That'd fall in the rapists category, lol.

Comment

against it

Comment

ppv death by guillotine is the way to go!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                      ppv death by guillotine is the way to go!
                      I'll pay $100 HD for that, no free Showtime needed

Comment

Working...
                      X