Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao vs. Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr. at 140 Lbs. Who Wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao vs. Julio Cesar Chavez, Sr. at 140 Lbs. Who Wins?

i've been thinking, what if a 2009 version of pacquiao (31 years old) went up against a prime chavez, sr. (29 years old) at 140 lbs. i try to add the variables and see which one of the two would reign supreme.

now, let's take a look at chavez, sr.'s strengths. he had outstanding punching power, remarkably strong chin, aggressive style and not to mention, his trade mark body punching which was arguably the best ever within the lower weight division.

as for pacquiao, he has knock out power in his left hand, an iron chin, relentless hi-octane style and amazing hand speed with exceptional footwork.

for me, i think the deciding factor would be the speed since both fighter have an abundance of power. i see the fight to be an explosive brawl from the opening bell with both men charging in head first and throwing eye catching power punches. chavez, sr. would initially take control of the center of the ring, while pacquiao uses his movement from side to side and try to push his opponent back with punches in bunches. the fight would continue to the middle rounds with back and forth electrifying action and no clear winner. chavez, sr. might hurt pacquiao with his devastating body punches but pacquiao fires back with 5 -8 punch combinations. i see a cut open up on both fighters and by round 10, both men would be exhausted but pacquiao would continue to let his hands go while chavez, sr. tries to keep up with the speed. pacquiao now takes charge and pushes chavez, sr. to the ropes with a barrage of punches and that's when the ref comes in to stop the beating. pacquiao by TKO round 11.

i'm just guessing here but pacquiao has an excellent record against mexican hall of famers. he wan't called the mexicutioner for nothin'.

your thoughts?
    Last edited by Fighting_Pride; 09-29-2012, 04:45 AM.

It is a tight fight but I am going with Chavez. To me Manny looks better in one way trafic fights and when they are tight just does not hold up quite as well as Chavez.

Comment

Pac Hattons Sr.

Comment

me thinks pacquaio - hes just so damn fit. his ability to still fight hard and fast in the latee rounds would mean JCC snr wouldn't find him.

would be hellacious though!!!!

Comment

I've got Pacquaio by Decision in an epic fight.

Comment

It's so hard to cut off the ring against Pacquiao, I think Chavez will end up getting dominated.

Pacquiao finally wins a fantasy fight. He's like 1-19 already.

Comment

I think Chavez would take this. He was much smarter than. Pacquiao in the ring. And he would have punished Pacquiaos body like never before.

Comment

A very entertaining fight, indeed.

I can imagine a more competitive Meldrick Taylor vs. Chavez Sr. version happening.

I might side with Pacquiao by a close decision (115-111), with Chavez getting floored once from a left hook/straight.

Chavez's style (primary aggression) plays into Pacquiao's hands, but since Chavez was arguably THE best at that style in the lower weightclasses, AND is very skilled overall, he will NOT be laid out flat like Hatton.

Now, imagine Duran vs. Pacquiao @ 135/140/147?
                Last edited by boxingsmash69; 09-29-2012, 04:34 AM.

Comment

It depends how well Sr can deal with fast southpaws. And I don't mean Whitaker since he fought differently.

Comment

Chavez by KO.

Comment

Working...
                    X