No announcement yet.

Mijares HAS to be the most overrated fighter I've ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
    There are a few guys that I think will be on the P4P list and will make it better than it is now. I think Lopez, Dawson, Williams, Berto, Haye (all the skills that chin may be his downfall), Concepcion all have what it takes to be on the P4P list.

It looks unfortunate that Concepcion will be steered into Lopez so early with such little experience though.
    Concepcion? Man, no way that guy will ever make it to any P4P list. Hasn't he already lost to some no name? Didn't he struggle in his last fight to another hack? I've seen a couple of his fights and just can't see much in him. Don't know where the hype even came from.

Comment

• Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
      Diego, here's your answer, POWER. I don't care how skilled a fighter is, but if that fighter can't deal with power, the fight is over. Mijares got caught very early in the fight, right then and there, Mijares made a decision that he didn't wanna deal with it along with a few tactical mistakes. That's all there's to it.

Mijares made some attempts to put somethin' together, but he simply did not and does not have anything for Darchinnyan to respect.

When any fighter gets hit. There's only two decisions to make, to fight like a madman(See PACMAN fights) or fight to survive(See De La Joto fights). Frijoles chose the latter.
      No. It wasn't his power. He was expecting to be able to easily get out of the way of everything and also expecting Vic to be slow and easy to hit, all of which weren't the case. Vic had improved his hand speed and was as fast or even faster than Mijares and Mijares also had a lot of trouble hitting him because of his improved defensive game.

It was more a style problem for Mijares. He couldn't deal with Darchinyan's style. Power is no problem for Mijares. He has dealt with a number of very big punchers. Arce, Kawashima etc etc. He just didn't think that Vic would be fast, hard to hit and with an improved skill base overall.

Comment

• Originally posted by DiegoFuego View Post
        It's more a "how could so many people, including myself, be so wrong about this guy?" kind of thread
        Maybe it's not a case of "How could we be so wrong about Mijares?" but "How could we be so wrong about Darchinyan's improved fighting?"

Comment

• Originally posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
          Diego, here's your answer, POWER. I don't care how skilled a fighter is, but if that fighter can't deal with power, the fight is over. Mijares got caught very early in the fight, right then and there, Mijares made a decision that he didn't wanna deal with it along with a few tactical mistakes. That's all there's to it.

Mijares made some attempts to put somethin' together, but he simply did not and does not have anything for Darchinnyan to respect.

When any fighter gets hit. There's only two decisions to make, to fight like a madman(See PACMAN fights) or fight to survive(See De La Joto fights). Frijoles chose the latter.
          How do you decided not to deal with it by walking forward into the punches of Vic?

I agree with the OP, Mijares was incredibly over rated. I never chimed in into any of the debates regarding him except when people claimed that he was better defensively than Ivan Calderon.

I have seen a few of Mijares fights, and I was very uninspired. He is an awkward southpaw, with a defensive style that very very clearly would not work well against another southpaw.

His defense has never been anywhere close to as good as people have made it out to be. I have seen him come out of every fight he has been in pretty bruised up. I have heard some pretty strange explanations such as his mastery is in turning with punches and such. I simply saw him getting hit quite a bit.

I thought Vic had a pretty good chance in this fight. He is much more skilled than people give him credit for. You don't get away with his style of fighting if you don't have skills.

Comment

• this goes to show z gorres had a better chin than mijares

Comment

this thread on Mijares is a commentary. It's not an "I told you so" thread because I didn't know that much about Mijares. I PICKED HIM TO WIN so it's not like I'm saying you all were idiots. It's more a "how could so many people, including myself, be so wrong about this guy?" kind of thread

I was commenting that he was the most overrated fighter I've seen since following boxing, and I'm sticking to it. I'm saying I'm shocked, not that "you all were dumb and wrong"

so stop getting so defensive about it. aren't you all kind of amazed that he was called a master boxer by virtually everyone in the business, yet he loses to a guy like Vic?

Yeah we're all surprised, but that doesn't make him overrated. You don't follow 115, but Mijares has beaten some good people there. He beat Alexander Munoz, who is A LOT better then Arce, to get on the p4p list.

Comment

This was the third time I saw him fight tonight. I don't understand how you get on pound for pound lists beating Jorge Arce, but whatever. I've seen Vic fight on Showtime about 5 times and he's not a good fighter. Not at all. He only throws one punch, so if you have any boxing ability whatsoever, you can counter him all night. How the hell does a guy billed as a "master boxer" lose to Vic Darchinyan?

No disrespect to Vic fans cuz your boy earned it. I'm calling Mijares out as the most overrated fighter I've seen since following boxing.
                When will they give you props for this thread? You called this trainwreck long before anyone else did, other than that overrated Cermeno ****.

Comment

• Time to fight Berchelt!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X