No announcement yet.

Fidel Castro died aged 90

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    All corrupt and all run by the mafia. People like Castro don't just come into power out of nowhere, the people were unhappy with their living conditions under Batista. There was a huge gap between the rich and the poor and the economy wasn't growing.
    And no one was risking their lives fleeing the country, until the leftist Castro got into power, and then people risked their lives and never seeing their families again to get the **** out.... That wasnt happening under Batista.

Under Batista, Cuba was like New Jersey,,, some glamour spots but a lot of trash... But no one risking their lives to flee...

Castro turned it into a hellhole that people are willing to die to leave

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      Lmao....

So america, or Canada, or Europe don't have educated people and don't have good healthcare? America doesn't lead the enitre world in foreigners coming for healthcare???
      What's your problem? Clearly he was talking about the cost of education and healthcare. If you haven't noticed, both are leading causes of dept in America. We have a massive problem with healthcare and our education system is a wreck. Everyone can admit that. No one said Cuba had better doctors or medicine or universities etc. Cuba has to get by with what they have and can get due to sanctions that have been imposed on them for many years, which prevents them from getting certain medicine and medical equipment. Still, they have free education and free healthcare for the people, which is great, considering how poor the country is and how little they have. I absolutely wish we had free healthcare or at least affordable.

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
        A complete different country. Before Castro and his revolutionaries took over the capital Havana was in the #4 spot behind London, NYC and Paris in capital of the world.

That should tell you how different it was.
        This^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Too many posters influenced by Michael Moore films

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
          But the riches were shared amongst very few...a handful of Batista's group and Americans...some of which were mafia gangsters.

Almost all Cubans were just poor people with very little. People who leave Cuba on rafts do so seeking riches in the US...Dominicans do the same and they are free to leave.
          Yet no one was fleeing Batista and risking their lives...

I literally have no idea why this is even debateable

Comment

We're talking about the 3rd world...I lived in the Dominican Republic for a couple of years and traveled to many Caribbean countries and I can tell you these things don't exist in most of the Caribbean.

Hugo Chavez went to Cuba for cancer treatment. Actually many Canadian go to Cuba for dental implants to save money. Cubans have one of the highest life expediencies in the world. You should do a little research...you'd be surprised.

Cubans didn't have healthcare or education before Castro.
            You can hype up Castro all you want....

But facts and reality are that people didn't flee under Batista and people risk their lives and families to flee from Castro...

Literally name another place on earth that people risk their lives to flee?? Name the country?

Comment

Originally posted by Underboss View Post
              A complete different country. Before Castro and his revolutionaries took over the capital Havana was in the #4 spot behind London, NYC and Paris in capital of the world.

That should tell you how different it was.
              No 4 for capital? Can you provide some kind of source for that? Havana had a few hotels run by US mafia and some sugar cane and tobacco..rum...the US United Fruit Company. From the top of my head that's all I can come up with but please correct me if I'm wrong.
              Last edited by jaded; 11-26-2016, 02:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                What's your problem? Clearly he was talking about the cost of education and healthcare. If you haven't noticed, both are leading causes of dept in America. We have a massive problem with healthcare and our education system is a wreck. Everyone can admit that. No one said Cuba had better doctors or medicine or universities etc. Cuba has to get by with what they have and can get due to sanctions that have been imposed on them for many years, which prevents them from getting certain medicine and medical equipment. Still, they have free education and free healthcare for the people, which is great, considering how poor the country is and how little they have. I absolutely wish we had free healthcare or at least affordable.
                I understand we got problems in the US... I agree with what you are saying in that regard.

My beef is with someone hyping up castro's healthcare... Yeah everybody has it and it's shyt, hence why no one goes to Cuba for treatment besides other random 3rd worlders that come and leech of cubas system..

I literally cant understand how someone can hype up and respect a guy that has people risking their lives to flee...

Literally name another country with a supposed good government that people are risking their lives to flee? Name some?

Comment

I understand we got problems in the US... I agree with what you are saying in that regard.

My beef is with someone hyping up castro's healthcare...
                  Yeah everybody has it and it's shyt, hence why no one goes to Cuba for treatment besides other random 3rd worlders that come and leech of cubas system..

I literally cant understand how someone can hype up and respect a guy that has people risking their lives to flee...

Literally name another country with a supposed good government that people are risking their lives to flee? Name some?
                  You are comparing it to 1st world countries and not with Cuba pre Castro which of course was the context of my post. We are comparing life pre-revolution and post.

I saw economic refugees who would sneak on to cruise ships in the DR with nothing more than the shirt on their back in hopes of riches...no BS. It happens in poor countries all the time just as it probably did during Batista.
                  Last edited by jaded; 11-26-2016, 02:21 AM.

Comment

You are comparing it to 1st world countries and not with Cuba pre Castro which of course was the context of my post. We are comparing life pre-revolution and post.

I saw economic refugees who would sneak on to cruise ships in the DR with nothing more than the shirt on their back in hopes of riches...no BS. It happens in poor countries all the time just as it probably did during Batista.
                    Cubans weren't fleeing under Bautista

Cubans risk their lives and families fleeing Castro

End/thread

Comment

It's not about "what you believe"

It's a fact,,,, people fled for decades thru shark infested waters on a raft...
                      Same reason Mexicans come to America, or any other country - better opportunity. Cuba is a poor country, America is the richest country on earth and just 90 miles away. People fled because they wanted a better opportunity, same as so many Mexicans and other immigrants.

Not too mention all the criminals that fled.

Like I said.... Liberals act like trump is the anti Christ, yet not one has moved to Canada let alone on a raft thru shark infested waters...
                      Who was talking about Trump and liberals? Stay on topic.

And Cuba isnt pro Castro or their wouldn't be people fleeing... Literally risking their lives and fleeing... Half of America hates trump but no one is risking their lives swimming to Cuba
                      Sounds like you don't know what you're talking (a normal theme for you). Castro and his brother's approval rating dipped down in 2015, about 48℅. Years prior it's been much higher. So as of last year that's half the population that approval of Raul and Fidel, which of course disproves your statement.

I really don't even see how this is debatable... PEOPLE RISK THEIR LIVES TO FLEE
                      Which is the case for all poor countries.

Comment

Working...
                      X