No announcement yet.

Roy Jone Jr. (G.O.AT 160,168,175)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dde91 View Post
    so his 20+ defenses where against Welterweights? There were only two welterweights. And Tito had his power from WW to MW. He knocked out Joppy. And Joppy has a legit Chin, and he was champion. Most people thought Tito would knock out Hopkins.

Jones fought a FAT OUT OF SHAPE RETIRED TITO, and nobody talks about that.
    Read again

I said Welterweights and nobodies

Tito and Oscar were welterweights, The rest of the guys he fought weren`t much to be honest

Jones and Tito are both shot, nobody even thinks jack **** about that fight
    Most realise it was a joke fight just so both could get a payday

nothing more

Comment

Originally posted by Enemy/Friend View Post
      You took the bait
      Hopkins middleweight reign was hardly that impressive

The competition was poor

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
        If you don't think so who at those weights can beat a prime Roy Jones.

Marvin Hagler @ 160

Tarver @ 175

Comment

Originally posted by jack the cripuh View Post
          Hopkins middleweight reign was hardly that impressive

The competition was poor
          He fought everyone in the division he could and has some solid wins over Echols and Johnson. Hopkins was the first and only fighter to stop Glenn.

-Currently ranked pound 4 pound #4 at age 44.

-Longest-ever reign as World Middleweight Champion (undefeated for 12 years between 1993 and 2005).

-Most title defenses as World Middleweight Champion (20).

-Oldest fighter in history to hold the World Middleweight Title.

-First man to unify the middleweight division since Marvin Hagler.

-Only man in history in any weight class to own WBO, WBA, WBC, IBF, and Ring Belts together.

This is copy and pasted because I don't give a **** enough to make proper reply.

Comment

Roy was unbeatable and dominating for fifteen years. Find me anothe fighte with that and I'll give you it.
            Anyone who says ANY fighter is unbeatable is plain ignorant when it comes to boxing.

And with fighters like Hearns, McClellan, Hagler, Monzon, Foster, Moore, ONE punch could finish the fight.

Jones was probably faster than all of them, but they were in a different league to the fighters Jones dominated.
            Personally i think Jones stands a good chance against all of them, but look at Spinks beating Holmes, or Foster and Moore fighting Ali and Marciano.
            They had the balls to fight ATG heavyweights.

Comment

Roy at 168 would have embarrassed Calzaghe. Would have been fun to watch.

"Oh, Roy was just another overrated yank hype job...."

If RJJ would have got a hold of Calzaghe in those days, maybe a different tune.

C'mon, Joe. Fight Dawson. You know you don't want it. You can fool some of these cats. But not me.
              Retire with that 0. Or win or lose, fight the best at 175.
              It would be awesome if you would do so.....

Comment

Roy was unbeatable and dominating for fifteen years. Find me anothe fighte with that and I'll give you it.
                SRR, SRL, ****, any of the top 20 fighters of all time.

either way in reality his prime years 93-03 are matched in resume and dominance by other fighters and certainly unbeaten fighters in a ten year period are two a penny.

Anyway to business

MW: Sugar Ray Robinson
                SMW: Calzaghe
                LHW: Archie Moore.

Comment

Jones is not the GOAT at any weight. His overall legacy and how he moved up and down (well, 1 fight worth) is what makes him great.

Comment

Originally posted by jack the cripuh View Post
                    Read again

I said Welterweights and nobodies

Tito and Oscar were welterweights, The rest of the guys he fought weren`t much to be honest

Jones and Tito are both shot, nobody even thinks jack **** about that fight
                    Most realise it was a joke fight just so both could get a payday

nothing more
                    Wow, what a hater. Who the hell has jones fought, except for a truck driver and other crap like that. He wasn't even number 1 pound for pound in my book and shouldn't be because he didn't even fight the best. He fought a Bunch of Bums all the time that were slow and flat footed, so it made him look good. Then when he did go against good Competition look what Happen (TARVER, JOHNSON) and dont use that Muscle loss crap. He shouldn't have used steriods then.

Hopkins knockout Johnson, beat Tarver CONVINCINGLY, KO'd a PRIME TITO, KO'd a PRIME DLH, Whoop'd Pavlik, Beat Winky, and should have got Taylor 1 and Cal-Slappy.

And jones just has a GREEN Hopkins and a FAT James Toney.

So if your going to say he fought bums then who has jones fought throughout his career?

Two of Haglers biggest wins in his career were from a lightweight *DURAN*
                    and a Welterweight *Hearns* and you would still give him credit. So give Credit where it is due. Hopkins over Jones all day. (p.s. Thats why JONES DUCKED HIM FOR THE PAST 15 YEARS YOU JONES DICKHANGER)

Comment

Best fighter of his generation

Definately a top 50 ATG at the very least.

Problem is he didn stay very at any division. Hopkins owns 160, Calzaghe 168(although prime jones beats joe hands down)

175 is probably the division he willl be regarded the greatest to date.

Also outclassed ruiz at heavyweight...

what a career.hope he retires, dont want him to ruin his legacy.

Comment

Working...
                      X