Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chavez, Whitaker, Mayweather, Pacman: Who Had the Strongest Run as P4P King?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chavez, Whitaker, Mayweather, Pacman: Who Had the Strongest Run as P4P King?

Beginning in 1989, Ring Magazine began ranking the Top 10 Pound for Pound fighters in the world. Since then, only 4 fighters have remained number one for at least 3 consecutive years:

Julio Cesar Chavez (1990, 1991, 1992)

Pernell Whitaker (1993, 1994, 1995)

Floyd Mayweather Jr. (2005, 2006, 2007)

Manny Pacquiao (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)

Who had the strongest run during their reign as Pound for Pound King in terms of achievements, dominance and competition faced?
    Chavez
    30.51%
    Whitaker
    16.95%
    Mayweather Jr.
    33.90%
    Pacquiao
    18.64%

Pacquiao no doubt. He's the only one that was awarded fighter of the decade.

-He's explosive
    -Built up rivalries with some of the most dominant Mexican names in boxing
    -KOs everywhere

Comment

Mayweather. Only reason Pacquiao got the P4P 1 spot in the first place was when Floyd left. IMO once Floyd came back in my book he became P4P number 1 again.

It's like Jordan leaving the NBA in 1993 but coming back in 1995 and reclaiming his spot as the HNIC in the league

Comment

Sweet Pea...... There was no 1 and 1a bs..... There was Sweet Pea and everybody else

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          Sweet Pea...... There was no 1 and 1a bs..... There was Sweet Pea and everybody else

loved sweet pea but roy was right up there with him IMO

Comment

Still one of my favorite covers ever......

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
              loved sweet pea but roy was right up there with him IMO
              True..... I meant in or near his weight class..... I apologize.... Should've been a lil bit more clearer

Comment

I agree - Roy Jones were the best fighter in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by SixFootGiant View Post
                  Mayweather. Only reason Pacquiao got the P4P 1 spot in the first place was when Floyd left.

well who's focking fault was it that Floyd wanted to step out right when his division was stacked?

he mighta looked vulnerable had he tried to clean his division and lost that spot anyway

but we'll never know because he conveniently left

mothefockers act like he stepped out of the game because he was injured or some ****...he stepped out to protect himself

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    True..... I meant in or near his weight class..... I apologize.... Should've been a lil bit more clearer

gotcha

yea, during the 90s, there was a good debate on who was the true #1...Roy was comin on strong...rarely losing a round in any fight and Pea, before he faded was almost just as dominant

what was cool was James Toney was also highly ranked in the p4p rankings when he fought Roy...some lists had Roy at 2 and Toney at 3 when they went at it...a true p4p showdown

Comment

Working...
                    X