Collapse
No announcement yet.

List of fighters from 147-154 lbs who can give Manny a run for his "Money"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Manny is just too small for the big fighters at 154. Marquez knocked him out cold, I can't imagine he'd be able to take a great deal of punishment at that weight.

At 147 Floyd gives him hell, I'm still 50/50 about this fight.

Bradley can give him a pretty good fight if actually jabs this time.

Comment

Manny would have his hands full with the WBO champion Demetrius Andrade
      Last edited by Queen_Leia; 04-24-2014, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
        I'm looking for the opinion of my fellow NSBer, who boxer from 147-154 do you think can push Manny Pacquiao to the limit for 12 hard rounds.

Think about any boxer who will keep it nip and tuck with Manny Pacquiao

Please do not use Floyd Mayweather or Timothy Bradley.

In my opinion, i think Ruslan P can really make it rough and tough for Manny.

I also think that Jermall Charlo and Demetrius Andrade can will give Manny some scary moments.

I'm still up in the air regarding Lara and Thurman.

What do you all think?
        I think that Ruslan would get beat up by the end of the 12th and is far too one dimensional, Manny would box circles around him like he did cotto, Margarito and Clottey.

Danny boy is a good one, his sharp counters and underrated heart would see him trouble Manny.

Charlo, either brother, I just don't think so, neither man is experienced enough and will not have faced anything like Pac, even this aged version.

Canelo is a good, strong fighter but he is too slow and I see manny taking him apart.

Lara? Possibly but we saw him beat up by a guy who emails you his next punch option, so with the handspeed that Pac still possesses, I can't see him staying on his feet. It would probably go the full 12.

I was gonna say JMM but we all the know the story there.

Porter is too wild and loopy, he'd get countered all night.

Thurman I can see making a good fight and Khan would just get stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          I think that Ruslan would get beat up by the end of the 12th and is far too one dimensional, Manny would box circles around him like he did cotto, Margarito and Clottey.

Danny boy is a good one, his sharp counters and underrated heart would see him trouble Manny.

Charlo, either brother, I just don't think so, neither man is experienced enough and will not have faced anything like Pac, even this aged version.

Canelo is a good, strong fighter but he is too slow and I see manny taking him apart.

Lara? Possibly but we saw him beat up by a guy who emails you his next punch option, so with the handspeed that Pac still possesses, I can't see him staying on his feet. It would probably go the full 12.

I was gonna say JMM but we all the know the story there.

Porter is too wild and loopy, he'd get countered all night.

Thurman I can see making a good fight and Khan would just get stopped.
          Very astute analyses....very astute.

Comment

id love to see lucas vs pacquiao.

it would be the closest thing we have to Valero vs Pacquiao.

Comment

Too many fighters to name at this stage of his career. Sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by BUNGALOWS View Post
                Because at the end of the day, they know damn well Manny's the smaller man, and it was always echoed that Manny would be the smaller fighter going up against Floyd.

It irks them that a smaller guy was seen as a 50/50 back in 09', and still seen as his biggest WW threat to this day.
                Nobody really says that! Even Justin fortune said Manny loses bad to any version of mayweather 09 10 11 12 13 etc

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
                  Very astute analyses....very astute.
                  Thanks, I like to bring some boxing knowledge to this dump every now and then.

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                  id love to see lucas vs pacquiao.

it would be the closest thing we have to Valero vs Pacquiao.
                  Ahhh, Matthysse, think I forgot about him. Where is he these days? Hiding on a farm in colombia? No no, probably Cuba...oh wait, is he in Mexico selling chilli con carni?

Comment

Working...
                  X