Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is a dirty fighting sneaky opportunist.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And for all you guys that are talking about how "all he does is headbutt and hold" other fighters..post videos of him doing "all" this headbutting and holding prior to the Kessler fight. Thanks.

Comment

I must have missed the 'intentional' headbutts, because I was busy looking at how dominate hes been beating up his opponents.

Holding and hitting is not even illegal unless youre blatently holding behind the head, and I dont consider it even cheap if its the opponent doing most the holding.

I agree that he should not keep fighting in his backyard, although so far its not like it made any difference. but he should fight elsewhere in the future.

Comment

Ward does occasionally lead with his head, like Hopkins does, but the holding complaint is flat out wrong. I've heard about how all he did was hold against Green, but that was what I call superb inside fighting. I can understand how some fans might not enjoy his style and lack of power, but to call him a cheater based off of head clashes in the Kessler fight is idiotic. And how can people defend Pascal when he held behind the head and hit Dawson on multiple occasions. Not enough to warrant a penalty though.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          I must have missed the 'intentional' headbutts, because I was busy looking at how dominate hes been beating up his opponents.

Holding and hitting is not even illegal unless youre blatently holding behind the head, and I dont consider it even cheap if its the opponent doing most the holding.

I agree that he should not keep fighting in his backyard, although so far its not like it made any difference. but he should fight elsewhere in the future.
          Yea...me 2...I posted this and I'm seriously looking for a response...

"And for all you guys that are talking about how "all he does is headbutt and hold" other fighters..post videos of him doing "all" this headbutting and holding prior to the Kessler fight. Thanks. "

Comment

Originally posted by V-3 View Post
            And for all you guys that are talking about how "all he does is headbutt and hold" other fighters..post videos of him doing "all" this headbutting and holding prior to the Kessler fight. Thanks.
            He hit while holding against Miranda every round, like he did with Green.

Before the Kessler fight I downloaded and watched some of Ward's early fights. When I saw them I thought "Oh no, he uses dirty tactics". He'd use headbutts when in trouble, and caused some nasty cuts.

There were a couple of fights against absolute bums where he didn't need to do it, but when faced with adversity, he always resorts to dirty tactics.

Not to mention, his doctor is the founder of BALCO.

Comment

Ward is doing what he's suppose to be doing. Self preservation. Boxing has always been about trying to gain every single advantage you possibly can over your opponent. You being a fan, you could care less, but when your a fighter you have to look out for #1 & your own best interest.

Comment

you know, rewatching the Kessler fight...Ward is one crafty guy. its refreshing to see someone fake a clinch and instead punch his way out. Thats just smart to me.

maybe you guys should watch some old fights. half the infights in those days were within clinching distance, and they still had tons of action and boxing skill.

nowadays the stupid refs have heart attacks the second the fighters get within clinching distance, I barely get to see an infighter go to work...and guys on the outside get a cheap, easy way out...

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter View Post
                  He hit while holding against Miranda every round, like he did with Green.

Before the Kessler fight I downloaded and watched some of Ward's early fights. When I saw them I thought "Oh no, he uses dirty tactics". He'd use headbutts when in trouble, and caused some nasty cuts.

There were a couple of fights against absolute bums where he didn't need to do it, but when faced with adversity, he always resorts to dirty tactics.

Not to mention, his doctor is the founder of BALCO.
                  Every round against Miranda? Why are you just flat out lying? And you talking about cheating? Miranda was throwing low blows in that fight.

And, what adversity was there when he fought Kessler and Green? That's funny. He completely dominated BOTH of those guys...did you actually watch those fights? He resorts to dirty tactics when faced with adversity....

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post

no one said it better than this!

Comment

He's fuken boring.idiots got him in the top 10 p4p list when he has 1 descent victory

Comment

Working...
                      X