Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benjy Esteves Jr. Named Third Man For Donaire-Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Benjy Esteves Jr. Named Third Man For Donaire-Rigondeaux

It’s been 18 months since Nonito Donaire fought for the first time in New York City. His second trip to the Big Apple will be met with plenty of familiar faces.

Three of the four major officials who worked Donaire’s unanimous decision win over Omar Narvaez have been tabbed to officiate his lineal 122 lb. championship bout versus unbeaten Guillermo Rigondeaux. Included among the lot is New York-based referee Benjy Esteves, who serves as the third man for Saturday’s main event at Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

The three judges will Julie Lederman, Tom Schreck and John Stewart. Both Lederman and Schreck served in similar capacity for the aforementioned Donaire-Narvaez bantamweight title fight, in which Donaire won a landslide decision. [Click Here To Read More]

I like this guy, he usually stay out of the fight. I think he's CPR certified, he can start CPR before the medics get to Rigo.

Comment

aka Gomez Adams

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
        aka Gomez Adams

One thing I can say about this ref, he stays sharp as a tac.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck
          Quote:

Originally Posted by Matty Ice

aka Gomez Adams IMAGE#1

One thing I can say about this ref, he stays sharp as a tac.
          Sharp as in...?

Comment

Sharp as in...?

He's usually in control of his fights and the guy dresses to impress

Comment

Oh... I never really paid attention to him like that. And Saturday won't be that day either since he probably won't be needed in the fight. Sometimes I find myself staring more at his 'stache than the fight itself.

Comment

Oh... I never really paid attention to him like that. And Saturday won't be that day either since he probably won't be needed in the fight. Sometimes I find myself staring more at his 'stache than the fight itself.

I always notice him, cause he usually wears a green shirt and green shoes.

Comment

Lol now you're gonna have me paying attention to this guy.

Comment

Working...
                  X