No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley, Arum: A Pacquiao Fight Was Never Promised

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bradley, Arum: A Pacquiao Fight Was Never Promised

When Timothy Bradley became a free agent at the end of June, there were bound to be high-profile promoters after the junior welterweight champion from PalmSprings. A few days ago, Bob Arum of Top Rank Inc. corralled Bradley at a news conference at the Beverly Hills Hotel formally announcing the union.

[Click Here To Read More]

Sure, Arum. Sure.

Unless he loses he'll get a Pacquiao fight in early 2012.

Comment

WTF ?!

If Bradley doesn't get Pacquiao after their upcoming fights, he can **** off for good.

****ing coward.

Comment

didn't need to be, it's common sense
        Floyd keeps ducking, so give Bradley a deal and set up the fight
        if Bradley wins his against Joel, he'll get the fight
        Floyd still wants none of Pac

Comment

How stupid does this clown think we are? So we're supposed to believe that ducking Khan, going to court with his promoters, signing with Top Rank and being on Pacquiao's undercard against a shot fighter is just coincidence? Its just the ways things sorta went? Gimme a break.

This was all part of Arum's masterplan to get Pacquiao another in-house fight early next year.

The fact they keep denying it and acting stupid just makes it more apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Roach View Post
            Sure, Arum. Sure.

Unless he loses he'll get a Pacquiao fight in early 2012.
            Doubt it'll be that soon. Seems too soon for casual fans to dish out the most money... unless Bradley makes a statement so big in November, that yeah, maybe next May.
            Last edited by spoonwars; 10-08-2011, 03:03 AM.

Comment

I truly think that Manny wants to fight Floyd, but its Bob Arum who doesn't want the fight. I think Arum is still bitter with Floyd for leaving Top Rank.He does not want Floyd to make big money off of any of his promotions or fighters. Also, truth be told, he knows how good Floyd really is. I think he knows Floyd will beat Manny. Manny is a great fighter but he has been carefully managed. Floyd would be the best fighter that Manny has ever got in the ring with. Arum knows it and doesn't want his cash cow to lose anytime soon. He will wait until Manny wants out of the sport and then set the fight up with Floyd.

Right now he still wants to keep Manny competitive with Floyd. Since Floyd just fought a young lion in Ortiz, Arum is forced to put Manny in the ring with Bradley who fits the same mold as Ortiz. The problem is, Bradley is an all around better fighter than Ortiz and will present a much bigger problem for Manny. With the exception of experience, Tim presents the same difficulties for Manny as Floyd would. Manny looks awesome against guys that stand in front of him, but has problems with boxers who move around the ring, use the jab, and can counter him. That's why Marquez gives him so many problems. So what happens when a young guy that can fight a whole 12 rounds and is quick, plus hungry step in the ring with Manny? At this stage of his career, I think Manny loses. Maybe Arum also feels the same way and since he doesn't want the Floyd fight, he signs the other guy who has the same chance as Floyd to beat him. Its smart business. Manny goes out and he has the man that beat him signed to Top Rank. Timothy Bradley!

Comment

So do they plan to build Bradley up?

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
                  I truly think that Manny wants to fight Floyd, but its Bob Arum who doesn't want the fight. I think Arum is still bitter with Floyd for leaving Top Rank.He does not want Floyd to make big money off of any of his promotions or fighters. Also, truth be told, he knows how good Floyd really is. I think he knows Floyd will beat Manny. Manny is a great fighter but he has been carefully managed. Floyd would be the best fighter that Manny has ever got in the ring with. Arum knows it and doesn't want his cash cow to lose anytime soon. He will wait until Manny wants out of the sport and then set the fight up with Floyd.

Right now he still wants to keep Manny competitive with Floyd. Since Floyd just fought a young lion in Ortiz, Arum is forced to put Manny in the ring with Bradley who fits the same mold as Ortiz. The problem is, Bradley is an all around better fighter than Ortiz and will present a much bigger problem for Manny. With the exception of experience, Tim presents the same difficulties for Manny as Floyd would. Manny looks awesome against guys that stand in front of him, but has problems with boxers who move around the ring, use the jab, and can counter him. That's why Marquez gives him so many problems. So what happens when a young guy that can fight a whole 12 rounds and is quick, plus hungry step in the ring with Manny? At this stage of his career, I think Manny loses. Maybe Arum also feels the same way and since he doesn't want the Floyd fight, he signs the other guy who has the same chance as Floyd to beat him. Its smart business. Manny goes out and he has the man that beat him signed to Top Rank. Timothy Bradley!
                  I think Manny destroys JMM and Bradley at their current levels. I also think Floyd and Arum don't want none of Pacquiao-Mayweather, as long as they can make money off other opponents, while Manny just goes with the flow.

Comment

He'll get Manny if Floyd doesnt accept. Floyd is likely to name an opponent before the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X