No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: If My Hand Was Well, I Would Have Won By KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury: If My Hand Was Well, I Would Have Won By KO

Tyson Fury claimed the British and Commonwealth heavyweight titles from Dereck Chisora after 12 brutal rounds at Wembley Arena on Saturday. Fury was awarded a unanimous verdict by margins of 118-111 and 117-112 (twice) on the judges' scorecards over an opponent who had raised eyebrows at Friday's weigh-in when he tipped the scales at a career-high of 261-pounds.

[Click Here To Read More]

Would have won me 80 quid as well!

Comment

fury has minimum power. he ain't stopping anyone of note. most of those pitty pat punches were a joke coming from such a big guy

Comment

Fury dont make any excuse he's doing well on the fight he didnt able to K.O, thats all. Better luck next time to some one else, make a mark by doing it not by excuse. We all know you can do it Fury

Comment

for such a big guy Fury has no power at chisora was there to be knocked out Malignaggi would have even stopped him

Comment

This was his best showing by far...though thats still saying something im afraid.

You can tell hes learned to keep a cooler head and mix it up but his defence wasnt there half the time and i was expecting Chisora's big hooks to find him. Credit to Tyson though because he showed much respect and a lot of balls.

I hope he keeps training and losing a bit of weight. A Fury/Price fight would be Price's win imo.

Comment

Well his hand was hardly gonna be fresh as a daisy the amount punches Chisora shipped to land his own bombs! I think it discredited how tough Chisora was in the fight. Tactically spot on from Fury though, worked well behind the jab and when Chisora roughed him up he used his height to his advantage.

Comment

I knew something like this would crop up somewhere. Typical British excuse, but I thought it would have something to do with toenails or something. I missed that one, alright. Hope I'd do better next time. By the way, Khan didn't have any need for it. If he did I still had it with toenails. Whew! Tough luck.

Comment

Yet another over-hyped fight that came to nothing.

Chisora didn't even bother getting into fight shape, which suggests he didn't see his career going anywhere even if he beat Fury.

Fury didn't look impressive, either defensively or offensively. As others have said, any top 10 heavyweight would have stopped Chisora. Fury has made minor improvements to his fighting, but will need to make a giant leap if he's ever going to be a contender instead of a circus sideshow.

Since Fury undoubtedly is aware that he doesn't have what it takes to fight his way up the division, inevitably he'll campaign for a chance to get a paycheque in exchange for taking a beating from Klitschko. That would be a depressing fight, so one can only hope that the spots on both Klitschkos' dance cards are filled with better opponents.

Comment

Living in America, I never really got a chance to see anything of Tyson Fury other than what was reported on this website. I paid $25 yesterday to watch the fight. He looked a little better than I was expecting, but still far from a contender. The articles on boxingscene have made him look like a big mouth who is very full of himself, but watching the PPV I came to a different conclusion. Fury is apparently quite slow. Having coached special olympics and taught special ed, I think I am qualified to make that diagnosis. Fury is a ten year old inside a giants body. I am not going to respond or be offended by anything he says from here on out because the guy is not playing with a full deck. Does anyone know how long he went to school? From the "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" show here on the U.S. it doesnt seem like the gypsies go to school too long.

Comment

Working...
                    X