Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should they change the voting age to 30, that way ignorant little children don't vote

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should they change the voting age to 30, that way ignorant little children don't vote

I think they should, that way all those young crackheads can't vote because they don't know whats going on with America.
    Yes, we must stop the ignorant college students from voting
    33.33%
    No, I like that college students don't think for themselves and listen to their liberal professors
    33.33%
    Not sure
    33.33%

To vote you should 1. Be a landowner 2. Pay Taxes.. Contribute to the system in order to participate. Of course the Democrats wouldnt like that though!

Comment

Originally posted by joeychestnut View Post
      To vote you should 1. Be a landowner 2. Pay Taxes.. Contribute to the system in order to participate. Of course the Democrats wouldnt like that though!
      I agree with this post!

Comment

I think in order to vote, you should have to pass a basic political knowledge test.

You'd be surprised at the number of college students who don't even know who Joe Biden is. Most of whom voted for Obama ironically or didn't vote at all.

Comment

No, its unconstitutional.

guess you guys arnt familiar with the 26th amendment.

who wants to die for our country when they cant even vote for the leader?

typical conservatives only caring about them selfs and their money.
          Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 10-21-2010, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Are you guys done bromancing/circlejerking ?

Besides if that's your logic they should up the age requirement on being a president.

I'm 19 and still haven't voted. Don't particularly care because it's just big industries/companies putting money in those politician's pockets. The only thing I want out of this country is a chrysler 300 c & an actual shot at being a Marine.

Comment

Originally posted by blaze778 View Post
              I think in order to vote, you should have to pass a basic political knowledge test.

You'd be surprised at the number of college students who don't even know who Joe Biden is. Most of whom voted for Obama ironically or didn't vote at all.
              How about a literacy test and grandfather clause while we're at it? I think more college students know who Joe Biden is relative to the general population. If anyone should be banned from voting, it should be the people dumb enough to think this is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
                How about a literacy test and grandfather clause while we're at it? I think more college students know who Joe Biden is relative to the general population. If anyone should be banned from voting, it should be the people dumb enough to think this is a good idea.
                I was using college students as the example because like you said, they should more than likely have more political knowledge than the general population but doesn't change the fact college students, or many Americans in general don't know have basic knowledge of history or government.

71% of Americans failed the civics knowledge test;
                51% of Americans could not name the three branches of government;
                The average score for college seniors on the civics knowledge test was 54.2% (an “F” by any standard);
                The average student’s test score improved only 3.8 points from freshman to senior year;
                Freshmen at Cornell, Yale, Princeton, and Duke scored better than seniors on the civics knowledge test.
                79% of elected officials that took the civics knowledge quiz did not know the Bill of Rights expressly prohibits the government from establishing a religion.
                30% of office holders did not know that “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” are the inalienable rights referred to in the Declaration of Independence.
                27% of politicians could not name even one right or freedom guaranteed by the First Amendment.
                43% did not know the purpose of the Electoral College.
                39% of lawmakers believe the power of declaring war belongs to the president.
                The average score for college professors who took the civics knowledge quiz was 55%.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....ic-civics-test

Comment

& What just came to now that should've came to me later . If you're conservative vouching for this little bull**** thread to get a rise out of people you should step back and think.

Stereotypically republicans are military first ask questions second type politicans & there are men as young as me (age 19) serving their country in the middle-east just because some old heads sent them off to fight a bullshit war.

Fuck you sir and have a pleasant day.

****s.

Comment

Originally posted by LOLORSKATES View Post
                    & What just came to now that should've came to me later . If you're conservative vouching for this little bull**** thread to get a rise out of people you should step back and think.

Stereotypically republicans are military first ask questions second type politicans & there are men as young as me (age 19) serving their country in the middle-east just because some old heads sent them off to fight a bullshit war.

Fuck you sir and have a pleasant day.

****s.
                    I said nothing about age limits and I think TS is an idiot for making this thread.

Call me whatever you want, I'm just trying make another point worth considering.

18 is a good age to vote, I just think a basic civics test for all ages is worth considering.

Comment

Working...
                    X