No announcement yet.

Hardest hitters - any weight - top ten in your opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
    The hardest puncher in the history of boxing voted by the IBHOF, Ring Mag, Boxing Illustrated etc etc was Joe Louis - world heavyweight boxing champion from 1937 to 1949.. Joe Louis would lift opponents off the floor with punches that travelled not more than 6-8ins, Louis poleaxed guys regardless of their height, weight and size, Joe Louis punching power was something to behold, it was awesome which is why he is the greatest and hardest puncher who ever lived.
    They voted him greatest puncher, not hardest, there is a difference.

Joe was an extremely hard puncher as well, but not the hardest, even at HW. Shavers, Foreman, even Liston hit harder. And there are more at the lower weights p4p, like Foster, Hearns and Jackson.
    Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 05-27-2010, 12:59 PM.

Comment

No doubt in my mind, Rocky Marciano and Mike Tyson and i ain't no nuthugger either.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
        Reminds me of that idiot who used to come up with median weights etc, remember him?
        Actually I tend to think they're the same person.

Poet

Comment

Forgive if i repeat names but i think De La Hoya between 130-140 had great power which he lost when he moved up to WW, JMW, and MW. Fenech was pretty good as Super Bantam and Featherweight. He was a great accumelative puncher. I still think David Tua is one of the great HW punchers.

John Mugabi was also a great puncher more at JMW than MW. Archie Moore is an obvious choice in his prime. I think Vitali Klitschko is now considered one of the best HW punchers of recent times.

Comment

Hamed, Pacman, Hearns, Vitali, Moore, Tua, Tyson, SRR, Langsford, Joe Louis...

Those are the names that spring to mind when thinking about devastating punchers...

Comment

Possibly had brain freeze how can i forget Khaosai Galaxy as a great Super Flyweight puncher?

Comment

Being a huge Zab fan, I have to say Kostya Tszyu!

Comment

I'm surprised nobody mentioned Gerry Cooney. George Foreman and Ron Lyle have both said in the past that Gerry was the hardest hitter they had ever faced.

Comment

Originally posted by clinikillz View Post
                    I'm surprised nobody mentioned Gerry Cooney. George Foreman and Ron Lyle have both said in the past that Gerry was the hardest hitter they had ever faced.
                    Lyle said that Shavers was.

Comment

If I was a boxer, the guys I’d least wanted to share a ring with is

1) Earnie Shavers
                      2) Julian Jackson (just because he wasn’t a heavywt as Shavers was)
                      3) Ken Clean-Air System
                      4) George Foreman
                      5) Mike Tyson (in his youth, when he threw punches from angles you’d
                      never expect)
                      cfang cfang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X