Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody watching the McGregor vs Aldo fight on Saturday???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Superbee View Post
    Forcing Holm to a 8 months + inactivity is a shame... I hope she gets Rousey down even faster the second time and be done with it... Aldo, on the other hand can get back in the octagon fast if he wants to...
    Aldo can get back in there fast cause Dana doesn't want McGregor to potentially lose a rematch. Dana had a million excuses when Sonnen asked him about a rematch. Sonnen called him on his bs though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruthless One View Post

Yeah, much more obvious from that angle, but not as much from the gif I saw. That was brutal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        A crazy changing of the guard, I imagine. Unless Cain and Jones can come back and dominate their divisions, which is possible. Rousey I'm not so sure about, as she was thoroughly dominated. I'd like to see Tate vs. Holm, as Miesha has been dominant lately with her ground game.
        Jones will be back. He'll run in there and grab his belt back like nothing happened. I like DC a lot, I just can't see a rematch being any different than their first fight.

Cain and Rousey will never be champions again as long as long as Werdum and Holm are champs. Cain might have a chance, but I think injuries have caused him to decline where as Werdum is getting better with age.

I think Aldo and Weidman will be back on top though. Weidman has a great attitude, he's extremely dedicated and still young. He's the kind of guy I can see learning from his mistakes.

Aldo got caught with the most perfectly timed shot you can imagine. If they fought 99 more times, that wouldn't happen again, at least not that quick. They just happened to fight that one time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
          Aldo can get back in there fast cause Dana doesn't want McGregor to potentially lose a rematch. Dana had a million excuses when Sonnen asked him about a rematch. Sonnen called him on his bs though.
          I believe this. Aldo is gonna have to work his way back up, but Ronda "just got caught" so she gets an immediate rematch. lmao

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Werdum staying on top too. I could see Aldo being champ again too, as Connor might move up and in a rematch could beat him with takedowns, as Connor was taken down in his previous fight before the opponent ran out of gas.

Agree on Jones too. If he sticks around until only his mid to late '30s, he could retire as champion.

Comment

Working...
            X