Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez didnt get good until he was 34! Thats not suspect? Is he overrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skillswin View Post
    simple because:
    pacquiao: speed power punch resistance

martinez: he is all about skills

PED's does not make you smarter....
    i know..but has Sergio Martinez really got better over the years?

He is 47- 2 - 2
    KO% 50.98

But his record is padded and he has yet to beat a P4P quality fighter. He fought Williams who has always been overrated as well as Pavlik who is just a 1,2 robot. And he's calling out WW's, Bums (Chavez jr) & washed up guys like (Cotto)...but not the guys in or around his weight class. He isnt calling out Bute, or anyone at 168

Comment

Hes a late bloomer. Hes also not on PEDS. He has ZERO issue taking the OST;s. Which makes Pac look even worse imo.

Comment

Sergio started boxing at 20 so he still had more to learn and improve until his late age

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          Hes a late bloomer. Hes also not on PEDS. He has ZERO issue taking the OST;s.
          Exactly. Close this stupid ass thread already.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
            LOL,dude fought who was available until he got his shot and he capitalized. The hills he had to climb were far greater than the ones Floyd had to climb. Dude got ripped off against Cintron and should have won against Williams in the first match. Plus he said he would take any tests required to bust Floyd up, why is Floyd so scared???
            Naw man if you are good and you are exciting and you have skills it isnt going to take you 12 years to get a legitimate shot. You say he fought the guys that were available but look at the record of those available...you mean to tell me that those guys with over 5 losses were the only fights a GREAT fighter could get over the course of 12 years?

Comment

Hes a late bloomer. Hes also not on PEDS. He has ZERO issue taking the OST;s. Which makes Pac look even worse imo.
              I never said he was on Ped's man...

but what i am saying is look at his record of opponents. Late bloomer? 12 years and 40 plus fights?

Comment

I don't usually get into these threads, but as an argument, He is willing to take the tests.

Comment

Never said he was on ped's man.

late bloomer? it took 12 years and over 40 fights to bloom?

Comment

Originally posted by -Genesis- View Post
                    I don't usually get into these threads, but as an argument, He is willing to take the tests.
                    I agree and I am happy he will...i am not saying he is on them

Comment

he didn't get his chance for a while, as you probably remember Vernon Forrest was ducking him like crazy

Comment

Working...
                      X