Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how would Ricky Hatton fare against current 140lb division?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No way he beats Khan. Too fast. Too tall. Good jab. As proved against Maidana, now a good chin.

Maidana's pressure couldn't beat Khan. Ricky's wouldn't have either.

Comment

Good thread. Karma to the OP.

Comment

the ricky hatton before the manny pacquiao fight would give these guys a run for their money, but the ricky hatton after would be no match to these top 4 jww

Comment

Hatton before the Mayweather fight was a horrible person to fight at 140. Relentless is the word that springs to mind!

Khan now would be tough but I think Hatton would walk through a lot of his punches when he was in his prime. Hatton's power was not too dissimilar to Maidana's but Hatton was much much better moving on his feet than Maidana so would be a tougher test IMO.

Comment

I actually think a prime Hatton would beat a current Khan, Ricky is a pressure fighter with a better boxing brain. He maybe doesn't have the power Maidana posseses but he would use his attacking arsenal far better by working the body early and slowing Khan down for the later rounds.

We have to bare in mind Khans prime is still probably 24 months away and he still has major defficiences that a top tier guy can expose. At present i dont see any top tier fighters at 140 only potential, and i think Ricky exposes all of them, the toughest fight coming against Maidana of all people due to his damn ruggedness and ferocity, Hatton was never afraid of a scrap and could defo get caught.

Ortiz isnt even a question, Ricky would possibly make him cry mid round.

Comment

How many fighters did Hatton beat who were considered as good as or better than Bradley/Khan/Alexander are now?

Kostya Tszyu?

They're all slick and they'd all give Hatton big trouble.

Comment

I think prime hatton gives them all hell. Post mayweather hatton might have a chance, but most likely not.

I think ring size, and ref (please no booing) would factor in, if a ref let hatton smother, and fight inside, I think prime hatton could beat all of them, some easier than others, and some I think he could beat, but not necessarily would.

I think Prime Hatton vs Khan would be very interesting. Hatton vs Maidana would be fun too, I think Hatton vs Maidana plays out alot of like Hatton vs Kostya Tszyu.

I think a prime Kostya Tszyu vs the top 140lbers right now would make some interesting fights too.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Partridge View Post
                  How many fighters did Hatton beat who were considered as good as or better than Bradley/Khan/Alexander are now?

Kostya Tszyu?

They're all slick and they'd all give Hatton big trouble.
                  Bradley and Alexander aren't even slick imo. They're both being terribly overrated. Luis Collazo is better (and slicker) than both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by medium-deek View Post
                    No way he beats Khan. Too fast. Too tall. Good jab. As proved against Maidana, now a good chin.

Maidana's pressure couldn't beat Khan. Ricky's wouldn't have either.
                    Hatton cuts off the ring much better than Maidana, he wouldn't have let Khan out of the corner (he wouldn't have let Mayweather out of it either were it not for Cortez pulling him off the whole time).

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                      Hatton cuts off the ring much better than Maidana, he wouldn't have let Khan out of the corner (he wouldn't have let Mayweather out of it either were it not for Cortez pulling him off the whole time).

I still suspect Mayweather would have won that fight, but at least it'd been entertaining. Cortez ruined what could have been one of the greatest fights ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X