Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which one would you take: Being the GOAT or 50 million dollars

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GOAT, and not for the money it would almost certainly bring. Fifty million is tempting, but it will not buy immortality.

Comment

Originally posted by Liar View Post

Assume you are boxer A. There are two fights available. One with boxer B and the other boxer C.

If you beat boxer B, you will be considered as the greatest fighter of all time and no one will ever question you for ever.

The other fight is with boxer C, beating him would be considered as a good win, nothing more. However, you will pocket 50 million dollars straight up.

Which one would you take: Immortal fame or Money
      Il take the 50 mil in a heart beat
      forget GOAT
      you can be a GOAT and live on the streets
      I'd rather have 50 mil and build an empire
      I would rather have people say I was a mediocre boxer and a better business man

Comment

The gratest of all-time. At least, I'd still have some money.

Comment

Originally posted by Liar View Post

Assume you are boxer A. There are two fights available. One with boxer B and the other boxer C.

If you beat boxer B, you will be considered as the greatest fighter of all time and no one will ever question you for ever.

The other fight is with boxer C, beating him would be considered as a good win, nothing more. However, you will pocket 50 million dollars straight up.

Which one would you take: Immortal fame or Money

Comment

If you were the GOAT you would automatically just get money for being the GOAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Wupadupa View Post
              the money. **** fame that's too scary.

One interesting note, Ricky hatton took home 16-18 MILLION dollars in the pacquiao fight and he got his ass knocked out in 2 rounds.
              He was overpaid. I could do that in ONE round!

PS! Nah, I'd destroy the midget.

Comment

50 million obviously

Comment

SRR, Tyson, Joe Louis, all ended up in financial trouble after or during their careers. No question! You won't even be considered GOAT until you were long gone from the sport or dead.

Comment

With 50 million, you could buy the trademark for the term "GOAT"

Comment

Depends...

If you want money but choose not to test yourself in a fight that can earn you loads and loads of money anyway? Just be a financial consultant...

I understand the business of Boxing and choosing the best fights that are the most lucrative, but at the end of the day it is Prize "Fighting". If you're at the level of a Floyd Mayweather or Manny Pacquiao, you've got no choice but to fight the best because the public demands it. In sports in general, fame and money go hand in hand.

Comment

Working...
                      X