No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva Explains His Side

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anderson Silva Explains His Side

This isn't "sports entertanment" it's a fight, if you want every fight to be 2 lops swining wildy watch toughman...

Comment

I agree with you kaps. I hate when people say that athletes in sports have to play up for the fans. I hate guys like Wanderlei Silva that fight a certain way because they think it's exciting and is what fans what to see. I want to see a real fight with real strategy. Reality and challenge is more interesting to me than it always being action packed.

Comment

I finally saw the fight and as a boxing fan first I have to give some understanding to this kind of thing.

First off, this type of stuff has happened in boxing for decades, whether it was Ali clowning in the ring or guys like Macho Camacho, Pernell Whitaker or Nazim Hamed.

It's something you either like or don't like.

Me personally, I don't like it to the level that Anderson Silva did it, he embarrassed his opponent, I think there's no doubt that was his intent. I don't mind some talking or clowning but he really took it over the top.

Silva (IMO) is so much better than anyone in MMA right now that I think he's the only one that can get away with something like this. It was funny but at the same time I can see why Dana White was pissed off because it made for a very boring fight and to be honest, one of the worst MMA shows period. BJ Penn didn't do much either and I was disappointed in his performance as well.

I don't mean to say this to disrespect MMA because those of you who have seen me post here understand I like wathcing MMA and have since UFC 1 but I think Silva should go into boxing to challenge himself more if that's what he's looking for.

I would love to see him fight at the Super Middle Weight division and test his "stand up" as you guys call it in a boxing ring.

Comment

Working...
        X