Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a fight with Jacobs worth more than a fight with Lemieux?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacobs fight is bigger..

Jacobs should have taken 67/33 split that was offered... espn's Dan Raphael reported that Jacobs rejected it... no way is he worth more.. 1/3 Jacobs, 2/3 ggg.. seems absolutely fair

Comment

I think they are worth the same amount, no more, no less. They are both world champions and exciting KO artists so they are quite similar. Jacobs is asking for too much money in my opinion. Whatever they paid Lemieux should be enough for Jacobs. If he beats GGG he becomes an instant superstar and his money making potential improves dramatically.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I think they are worth the same amount, no more, no less. They are both world champions and exciting KO artists so they are quite similar. Jacobs is asking for too much money in my opinion. Whatever they paid Lemieux should be enough for Jacobs. If he beats GGG he becomes an instant superstar and his money making potential improves dramatically.
        Exactly, but as it's been pointed out fighters now get a little buzz and a few solid wins and think they're worth more than they actually are. GGG is the bigger name with more belts, Jacobs should take the fight and prove himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Canelo and GGG View Post
          2mln should be it .if this fight is gone ,what GGG have?Heiland?
          2m is not gonna do it. He's already passed on that or more:

‘Wait a second. I could fight two Peter Quillins and make the same thing.’

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            Jacobs fight is bigger..

Jacobs should have taken 67/33 split that was offered... espn's Dan Raphael reported that Jacobs rejected it... no way is he worth more.. 1/3 Jacobs, 2/3 ggg.. seems absolutely fair
            Sure it's fair and if he thought he could win then he should have taken it. The purse bid is in place for when the two sides can't come to an agreement. If it goes to a purse bid then GGG as champion gets 75% and he doesn't have to negotiate for it because it is already his. He has no logical reason to give Jacobs any more than 25% unless he just wants to give Jacobs an early Christmas present or he is worried that Jacobs will refuse to fight and give up his title.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Sure it's fair and if he thought he could win then he should have taken it. The purse bid is in place for when the two sides can't come to an agreement. If it goes to a purse bid then GGG as champion gets 75% and he doesn't have to negotiate for it because it is already his. He has no logical reason to give Jacobs any more than 25% unless he just wants to give Jacobs an early Christmas present or he is worried that Jacobs will refuse to fight and give up his title.
              Totally agree,,,, but Golovkin is offering more than 25% to make thos fight happen and jacobs still ducking...

Team jacobs now saying he needs months to prepare and can't fight in December just shows who is ducking...

I'm not a big fan of fan rapheal, but his espn column is dead on when he said these guys are ducking and killing the sport...like how tito didn't need months and 3 fights to warm up to 154 or 160.. Oscar went straight from 154 to fight sturm and hopkins..... Manny went to 140 directly to Hatton and then to welter vs Cotto, shane and margarito... Dude jumped to 130 for morales and needed no tuneup...

Hopkins-taylor,, taylor-winky,, taylor-pavlik.... All happened at the best times... Now this would never happen

Boxing should be having a glory days era with fights like ggg-Canelo, ggg-saunders, roman-Estrada 2, thurman-garcia, wlad-joshua....

Comment

2017 is going to be a banner year in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                X