Are you still a fan of Devon Alexander?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
    I'd like to know.
    im still a fan. hes young and i like his style. he would learn from this experience, bounce back and be champion again

Comment

That is the problem with a lot of fight fans, after a fighter loses, people act like its the end of the fighters career

Comment

It's hard to respect the guy after he quit like that.

I still have hopes he will mature into a great fighter, but i respect him a lot less than i did yesterday.

Comment

I'm not a fan of his but I do think he is a good fighter. He's just young and needs more experience. Probably be one of the best fighters in the world in 5 years or so.

Comment

Damn. Amir's bro is Caucasian! How did that happen?

Devon Alexander was weighed and measured in the Kotelnik fight, he has some way to go and is young enough to improve further. I think he froze or was overawed by the occasion, but that first 'L' has been coming...

Comment

I don't know what the hell is up with Alexander here lately? It looked like he sat down on his punches when he fought guys like Urango (Who Hatton and Berto couldn't even stop) and against Witter. But then all of a sudden his style did a total 180 and he was a pitty pat boxer. I don't know if it was because of the opponents that made that happen or if that was his style all along and he only showed effective punching in a couple of fights. But then again I only started following him pretty closely after the Witter fight so it's hard for me to form a real opinion about his overall career thus far. One thing for sure though, the fact that he bailed out on the fight lost a lot of points in my book.

Comment

I'm really really pissed,but I'll get over it.For the most part the only 2 fighters I do dislike are Floyd & Manny.

Comment

I think Alexander quitting has something to do with the fact that he knows he is guaranteed another fight on HBO for a good payday. I'm not saying he wouldn't have quit anyway. But when HBO overpays fighters like they do they become soft. And as much as I like Bradley and think he's earned his spot, the fact he got paid so much money for this fight while it didn't do that much at the gate will make the fight with Khan that much harder to make. Khan will try to say he's demanding too much money even if Bradley does ask for an amount that is a reasonable amount.

Comment

Originally posted by wazaa. View Post
                    but he sucks, bro.
                    GTFOH! You have been ****ting on alexander all day...correct me if im wrong but not that long ago you were saying alexander is the best fighter in the division, after the urango fight you jumped on the bandwagon like everyone else. Kid has got a lot of talent, losing to bradley does not mean you suck, especially when he was competitive. The stoppage was a ***** move but im sure he'l learn from the whole experience, he was not ready for a bradley plain and simple I said this before the fight, his people thought he was better than what he is and in turn so did devon himself. If he doesn't let this ruin him mentally than he can easily improve and come back.

Stick to what you know which is cheer leading for khan...your good at that.

Comment

Why ask this question? I'm sure you were still a fan after Prescott dropped Amir in one round.

Comment

Working...
                      X