bradley saunders
    mitchell smith
    dillian whyte
    bradley skeete
    frank buglioni
    jaz dickins
    jamie mcdonnell
    eubank jnr
    Really not sure about Frank. He has the support base already, but for me it just doesnt look like he has it. Overrated power and poor technique.

Rest are good, havent heard of Jaz Dickins but ill take your word for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Really not sure about Frank. He has the support base already, but for me it just doesnt look like he has it. Overrated power and poor technique.

Rest are good, havent heard of Jaz Dickins but ill take your word for it!
      yeah frank does look a little stiff when throwing the punch im not sure weather to put that down to the amount of fans he brings surely that only adds abit of pressure to perform but if that is the case then he start better getting used to it,its surreal to think that his technique is quite poor considering his amateur background and having billy joe saunders as a stablemate you would think we would see some of improvement with each fight but im yet to see it i like the boy what i wrote wasnt and isnt to criticise him as i would like to see him go along way

Comment

Fighter of the Year: Carl Froch/Tyson Fury (tie)

Fight of the Year: Haye vs Chisora

Non Participant of the Year: (trainer, manager, promoter, journalist, whatever) :Robert Mckracken

Prospect of the Year: Billy Joe Saunders

Round of the Year: Froch vs Bute rd4

Event of the Year: Haye vs Chisora

Upset of the Year: Garcia vs Khan

Letdown of the Year: Ricky Hattons comeback/ David Prices opposition

Comment

Jazza Dickens;

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
            Jazza Dickens;

impressed! Sounds like hes with Hatton Promotions now, will try and follow him

Comment

Originally posted by the collector View Post
              yeah frank does look a little stiff when throwing the punch im not sure weather to put that down to the amount of fans he brings surely that only adds abit of pressure to perform but if that is the case then he start better getting used to it,its surreal to think that his technique is quite poor considering his amateur background and having billy joe saunders as a stablemate you would think we would see some of improvement with each fight but im yet to see it i like the boy what i wrote wasnt and isnt to criticise him as i would like to see him go along way
              hes a strange one, he does do some things that impress me dont get me wrong, i wont judge him yet, perhaps improvements will come!

Cheers for putting me onto Jazza Dickins (via d-mize), another brit prospect to keep my eye out for!

Comment

Fighter of the Year: Carl Froch

Fight of the Year: Crolla Vs Matthews

KO of the Year: Haye Vs Chisora

Non Participant of the Year: Matchroom Sports match-making

Trainer of the Year : Robert McCracken

Prospect of the Year: Kal Yafai

Event of the Year: Ricky Hatton's comeback

Letdown of the Year: Nathan Cleverlys title defenses

One to watch in 2013: Jazza Dickins

Lots to look forward to in British Boxing in 2013. Maybe Haye vs Vitali? Froch Vs Kessler II, plus Khan rebuilding his career.
                Cleverly, Burns and Brook trying to make a name for themselves in America...aswell as the likes of Bellew and Rees edging closer to World Title shots. Murray, Barker and Macklin very much in the mix in their divisions.

The Price / Fury and Quigg / Frampton rivalries growing, as well as possible big years for DeGale, McDonell, Saunders and prospects like Eubank, Dickins, Yafai....I can't wait !
                Last edited by Chrismart; 12-20-2012, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by the collector View Post
                  Fighter of the Year: 1st carl froch 2nd kell brook 3rd gavin rees

Fight of the Year:appleby vs walsh

Non Participant of the Year:dave coldwell

Prospect of the Year:billy joe saunders

Round of the Year:khan vs garcia round 3 or 4

Event of the Year:haye vs chisora

Upset of the Year:michael sprott vs edmund gerber

Letdown of the Year:haye vs harrison
                  that was back in 2010 bro lol.

Fighter of the Year

Carl Froch. Coming off the loss to Ward in the biggest fight of his career and with many people writing him off against Bute, he utterly destroyed the guy inside 5 rounds. Superb performance from Carl 'The Cobra' Froch as he cemented himself as Britain's best.

Non Participant of the Year

It's a toss up between Eddie Hearn/Matchroom Sports, Channel 5 and Rob McCracken.

Eddie Hearn/Matchroom Sports have done a real quality job this year. They've got the fights on SKY, they've re-launched Kell Brook's career and finally given Froch a decent platform, not to mention what they're doing with Bellew and Frampton (and loads of others). Superb job.

Channel 5 just for brining boxing back onto terrestiral television again.

McCracken and his team for the great work they done with Team GB and obviously Carl Froch. For me, with the Olympics and all, I'd give this one to Rob McCracken.

Prospect of the Year

Still got to be BJS for me. I'm impressed whenever I see this kid and I'm excitied to see how his future pans out. Still got a long way to go but there's something there.

Round of the Year

Has to be Froch - Bute Round V. After seeing Bute hurt and out on his feet in the previous round it was definitely a case of when Froch was going to end it. The atmosphere was incredible and seeing Froch destroy Bute was unbeliveable. Glad I was there for that one.

Event of the Year

Haye - Chisora surely. Can't be any other choice imo. Everything from being separated by the fence/cage, the public outcry against the fight and the way in which Haye and Chisora both conducted themselves was superb and a credit to the sport. And what a great ending to the fight too.

Upset of the Year

I'd probably go with Khan - Garcia. It was only the second time I've seen Garcia fight and while his record was decent I just wasn't that impressed when I saw him against Morales and when I spoke to others on here, the gernal feeling was that this was a give me fight for Khan. Then not to mention Khan was pretty comfortable until Garcia landed "that punch".

Comment

Originally posted by P4P_No1 View Post
                    that was back in 2010 bro lol.

Fighter of the Year

Carl Froch. Coming off the loss to Ward in the biggest fight of his career and with many people writing him off against Bute, he utterly destroyed the guy inside 5 rounds. Superb performance from Carl 'The Cobra' Froch as he cemented himself as Britain's best.

Non Participant of the Year

It's a toss up between Eddie Hearn/Matchroom Sports, Channel 5 and Rob McCracken.

Eddie Hearn/Matchroom Sports have done a real quality job this year. They've got the fights on SKY, they've re-launched Kell Brook's career and finally given Froch a decent platform, not to mention what they're doing with Bellew and Frampton (and loads of others). Superb job.

Channel 5 just for brining boxing back onto terrestiral television again.

McCracken and his team for the great work they done with Team GB and obviously Carl Froch. For me, with the Olympics and all, I'd give this one to Rob McCracken.

Prospect of the Year

Still got to be BJS for me. I'm impressed whenever I see this kid and I'm excitied to see how his future pans out. Still got a long way to go but there's something there.

Round of the Year

Has to be Froch - Bute Round V. After seeing Bute hurt and out on his feet in the previous round it was definitely a case of when Froch was going to end it. The atmosphere was incredible and seeing Froch destroy Bute was unbeliveable. Glad I was there for that one.

Event of the Year

Haye - Chisora surely. Can't be any other choice imo. Everything from being separated by the fence/cage, the public outcry against the fight and the way in which Haye and Chisora both conducted themselves was superb and a credit to the sport. And what a great ending to the fight too.

Upset of the Year

I'd probably go with Khan - Garcia. It was only the second time I've seen Garcia fight and while his record was decent I just wasn't that impressed when I saw him against Morales and when I spoke to others on here, the gernal feeling was that this was a give me fight for Khan. Then not to mention Khan was pretty comfortable until Garcia landed "that punch".
                    its the biggest let down of all years not just 2010

Comment

Fighter of the Year: Carl Froch

Fight of the Year: Chisora-Haye

KO of the Year: Chisora being flattened by Haye

Promoter Of The Year: Eddie Hearn

Trainer of the Year; Robert McCracken

Prospect of the Year: Kal Yafai

Round of the Year: Chisora-Haye round 5

Upset of the Year: I didn't have any result as an upset

Comment

Working...