No announcement yet.

Do commissions overturn decisions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do commissions overturn decisions?

Probably not the best thread title but let me explaib.

I know in fights like Barthelemy vs Mendez instead of turning it into a DQ they made it a NC and ordered a rematch.

Well, I was there for this fight:

When they announced the result they announced it as a DQ cause supposedly he got him while he was down. But if you look, he's still up before and after the punch lands. He actually drops afterwards. In real life he did look like he was down but sometimes things happen so fast. I know the angle is not the best but he doesn't look like he was down. After he gets hit that's when you can see his body get lower and actually go down.

Before the punch lands:

When the punch landed:

A few days after the fight it was pointed out to me that the result was actually listed as a win for Ramon Luis. So again, my question is, is it possible that the commission went back and watched the tape and decided that the fighter was actually NOT down when he got hit? It wasnt a high profile fight after all...

It was such a clear first round KO for Ramon Luis that even Boxrec tabulated it wrong on their end for a few days after the fight.

Unfortunately now it shows as a DQ for Luis. It's not necessarily a bad thing though. Let's hope the he builds on this experience and has a fruitful career.

Comment

This guy is gonna be fine. You know Bhops first career fight ended with a Loss. This decision should definitely be overturned though. A TKO win for Ramon Luis.

Comment

I remember they announced Delvin Rodriguez-Freddie Hernandez as a technical decision win for Rodriguez because they went to the scorecards after what they thought was an accidental headbutt that caused a bad cut. Then post fight they had an interview with an official who said they ended up changing it to technical knockout because the replay showed the cut was caused by a cut. Maybe something like that happened.

Comment

Working...
        X