• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caveats:

1 - I am a fan of Matthysse and Mayweather
    2 - I am not biased to any fighter

Question:

Assume Lucas does beat Danny, why wouldnt he get a fight with someone else at '47 before taking on Floyd? Its the same thing with Hatton, unified 140 champ, then jumped straight to a '47 fight with Floyd and got outclassed.
    I understand getting the opportunity and payday etc, and Floyd has limited shelf-life, but why do people jump straight to '47 without testing their abilities there first?

Comment

I like Canelo's chances even better and I don't even like Canelo's chances.

Comment

I would like to see Matty Ice fight at least two good fighter at 147. Maybe Ortiz and of course mayweather gatekeeper Andre Berto. By that time, floyd would be close to 38 yrs old. It's not impossible to say Matty could beat him. He couldnt beat him now though. Even though his two losses are highly disputed, the slickness of zab and devon gave him trouble. Not to mention Humberto Soto didnt look all that bad until he was stopped. The Peterson fight is not a fair assumption because peterson is pretty straight forward and it looked like he had a good game plan until he got punch in the face...or the back of the head...

Comment

If Floyd doesn't fight him next its a duck.

If Floyd does fight him its a cherry pick.

Besides, he's not qualified to fight Floyd. He hasn't beaten Berto yo'.

Comment

somebody wanted to fight floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
              somebody wanted to fight floyd?

LMAO halway true or Margarito

Comment

You don't know how much I hope you're right. In all honesty, outside of landing a punch that hurts Mayweather enough to stop him, Lucas gets schooled.

Even in losing, though, I guarantee Matthysse would make Mayweather work harder for 12 rounds than most fighters have recently. The threat of the one punch will always be there, he will target the body, and he won't stop coming forward. Matthysse is also pretty good at cornering opponents, so Mayweather will have to be sharp.
                Last edited by bojangles1987; 07-09-2013, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarAnt05 View Post
                  I would like to see Matty Ice fight at least two good fighter at 147. Maybe Ortiz and of course mayweather gatekeeper Andre Berto. By that time, floyd would be close to 38 yrs old. It's not impossible to say Matty could beat him. He couldnt beat him now though. Even though his two losses are highly disputed, the slickness of zab and devon gave him trouble. Not to mention Humberto Soto didnt look all that bad until he was stopped. The Peterson fight is not a fair assumption because peterson is pretty straight forward and it looked like he had a good game plan until he got punch in the face...or the back of the head...
                  I've seen a lot of people say they would like Lucas to fight a tuneup at welterweight first, and I disagree. The reason a fighter would take a tuneup is to make sure they can handle the weight obviously, and handle fighters at that weight, but that logic doesn't really apply to fighting Mayweather. He's weighing the same thing on fight night that Matthysse usually does.

Make the fight at 147 right after Garcia, and Lucas can come in at whatever makes him comfortable, rehydrate to whatever, and not suffer.

Comment

Lucas is the man, but Mayweather makes him look like an amateur.

He's seen so much that come forward punchers are just perfect for a Mayweather clinic. Mayweather wins at least 10 rounds.

Comment

When Danny beats him, I'm gonna show no mercy.

Comment

Working...
                      X